• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Looking for people to walk with in May 2017

iona

Time of past OR future Camino
May 2017
Hey I'm really nervous but excited and want to do the camino. I am wondering if anyone wants to meet up? I'm not the best at organizing so I'm debating whether or not to take a self guided tour (which is a lot of money). Ideally I would love a guided tour but this is way too expensive for me right now.

Does anyone have advice? I am a bit apprehensive about traveling alone as a female.

Thanks

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Thousands of women have walked the Camino alone. Actually, just started out alone, because it's so easy to meet people to walk with while you're on the trail. I actually met a woman I walked with for about a week at the train station in Madrid. You definitely don't need a tour.
20140313-2154091.jpg

Guided tour? No ma'am. No way. Just a waste of money in my opinion.
The Frances is way too easy to get around without a tour group or a paid human guide.
Buy a guidebook. That's all the guidance you need.
ultreia

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Also, for more encouragement from other women I suggest joining the Camigas group on Facebook.

OK great thank you so much. I definitley will look at that! One thing that appeals to me about booking a tour is that accommodation is already in place for me - is it quite easy to find places to stay on the way or is it best to book in advance?
Thank you!

OK great thank you so much. I definitley will look at that! One thing that appeals to me about booking a tour is that accommodation is already in place for me - is it quite easy to find places to stay on the way or is it best to book in advance?
Thank you!
It is easy to find places to stay, but if you prefer to book a day or two ahead that's easy too. I would recommend booking your first night ahead. I booked ahead a couple of times last year. Once was when a group of us all wanted to stay at the same albergue in Pamplona. (BTW, this group of strangers formed with the first couple of days of walking :)) And I also booked a pension in Santiago a couple if days ahead on booking.com.

That said, this year a friend is joining me for about the first 10 days, and I have booked the first three nights. She seems more comfortable with that, especially since her time is more limited.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hey I'm really nervous but excited and want to do the camino. I am wondering if anyone wants to meet up? I'm not the best at organizing so I'm debating whether or not to take a self guided tour (which is a lot of money). Ideally I would love a guided tour but this is way too expensive for me right now.

Does anyone have advice? I am a bit apprehensive about traveling alone as a female.

Thanks

Hello there,

I would take a little bit of time to do some self reflection before your trip. I too will be walking in May, starting on the 24th or 25th. This will be my first camino, but my heart and mind are settled because I have firm belief that this trip will better evolve me. I hope that this gives you some form of relief, but by all indications this will be a very positive experience for you.

Thank you!
Hi I started in SJPP on April 19 th not the fastest walker so arrive later in afternoon 4-5 and have found room at first Albergue I stopped at every night

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Thank you!
I think the experience when travelling or doing a camino is better if you live the moment. If you start booking you loose part of your freedom and the same with tours.
Walk when you wake up, stop when you are tired or hungry. Take a rest day if you need and so on. I have only done 3-400 km on the Camino and most people are lovely and helpful and it is enough people around to make you feel safe and comfortable. I will start walking in SJPdP on the 4 may hopefully to Santiago :)

Last edited:
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles

Most read last week in this forum

My name is Henrik and I will be coming down to SJPdP from Sweden on March 26 and start walking on March 27. I don't really have any experience and I'm not the best at planning and I'm a little...
When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back