• PLEASE NOTE: Please think twice before you travel to Spain now. More here.

Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Looking for Pilgrims at Pamplona to share taxi to SJPDP

Matthurry

Camino(s) past & future
None (yet)
Hi guys!

I will be arriving in Pamplona by air on Oct 3 around 5/6pm. Unfortunately, it seems as though getting the bus from a Pamplona to SJPDP is impossible, I’ve spent ages trying to find a bus but nothing seems to be working or showing any available routes.

ive decided that im okay to start my Camino in Pamplona. It’s a shame, but I can’t afford a taxi (€130) on my own. That is unless there are any other pilgrims arriving at that airport at that date willing to share a taxi??

Please let me know.
I know it’s a long shot, but it’d be nice to stay in SJPDP if not essential.

Regards
Matt

Camino(s) past & future
Lots ;0)
@Matthurry, good luck with finding a taxi share, though beware of Covid restrictions. But then if you've just spent a few hours in a 'plane the confines of a taxi ain't much different.

You are probably aware of that old saw "the camino doesn't start in StJdP". It really doesn't. StJ has just become a slightly inconvenient to get to but iconic starting point cited in most modern guidebooks. Start your camino in Pamplona, thousands do. In fact start your camino the moment you leave home. You have to walk the last 100Km into Santiago if you want to claim a Compostela but nobody says you can't use a bus or a train let alone an airplane for the first bit. Buen Camino

Camino(s) past & future
Us:Camino Frances, 2015 Me:Catalan/Aragonese, 2019
There are buses going to Roncevalles but not on Sunday. There is a bus to Valcarlos and Arnéguy on Tuesdays and Fridays (actually not Arnéguy but a village of Valcarlos within spitting distance). It is bad luck that you are arriving late on Saturday. If interested in these reply and I'll scourge up some links.

I'm working with pre-covid information.

RRat

Camino(s) past & future
Planning 2017
Hi guys!

I will be arriving in Pamplona by air on Oct 3 around 5/6pm. Unfortunately, it seems as though getting the bus from a Pamplona to SJPDP is impossible, I’ve spent ages trying to find a bus but nothing seems to be working or showing any available routes.

ive decided that im okay to start my Camino in Pamplona. It’s a shame, but I can’t afford a taxi (€130) on my own. That is unless there are any other pilgrims arriving at that airport at that date willing to share a taxi??

Please let me know.
I know it’s a long shot, but it’d be nice to stay in SJPDP if not essential.

Regards
Matt
Just an idea. Since you will find yourself in Pamplona head over to Jesus y Maria Albergue. I think it's the largest albergue. You might find others in the same predicament.

Advertisement

Booking.com

Latest posts