• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Looking for Pilgrims!

Nandy61

Time of past OR future Camino
2010-present, multi paths & years
Hey folks! I walked the CF this past June and July. I finished in Santiago on the 13th of July. Walking in with us that day (and for several days earlier) were three wonderful travelers: Kath and Lynn from Australia and Steve from New Zealand. Kath and Lynn went to school together when they were young. Lynn and Steve married and live in NZ now. I'd say they were in their early 60s (based on their kids' ages- not their energy levels!) When I returned from Santiago, my son decided I needed to upgrade my IPhone to the new 4.0 software. It wiped out all my contacts! Old and new. And of course, all my new Camino contacts. You can imagine my angst. I was wondering if anyone knows those three charmers and has their contact info. I know they were on here before they left downunder as they mailed packages to Ivar (as did I) and picked them up on the 13th of July. Hmmm, maybe Ivar knows them?
Thanks in advance!
Nancy

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Nancy,

A suggestion!
Do the camino again and get a new list of camino friends. :mrgreen:

Your friendly,
Jean-Marc

Ha! Jean-Marc! Don't think that my next Camino isn't already in the planning stages!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Nancy,

Mine is also in the planning for next fall.

This time from Prague, across Germany and then France.

I'll spend winter in Spain again this year (no walking) and will not be allowed in Europe for six months after March, according to the Schengen agreements. :(

Wishing you god speed,
Jean-Marc

Hi Jean Marc, I am planning a LOOONG walk / pilgrimage of which part is from Prague. I am starting to plan now because I won't be doing it for another 4 years, but I need to do things like find a way to stay for longer than 90 days in the Schengen states and I am tipping that it will take me that long to organise! My plan will mean that I will be in Prague in the late autaum / early winter and I am trying to figure out a way to get to Paris where I can go around, or alongisde, the mountains - rather than over them (which won't be a good idea in mid winter!) Where are you planning to go from Prague? I have got all the info I need to come down from Olstzyn in Poland, but it seems the German part is the tricky bit thus far. Any words you have would be appreciated. (I am planning to walk for a year, and, at this stage - though it is early days - end up in Santiago via the Paris route, and be a winter pilgrim on the CF). Regards, Janet

Hi! Janet,

I have some info on the Caminos in Germany.

I am on a road trip across Canada right now and won't be back home before November. I'll see what I can dig out of my laptop and feed you that ASAP.

I suggest we use PM's to do that and not steal Nancy's post.

Cheers for now,

Jean-Marc

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hey Canuck,

I find it fascinating to read about both the planning of and walking of (thank you Lovingkindness!) of such long-distance Caminos. Perhaps you could start a new thread to post your tips to Janet so that others might share? If you don't mind...

Most read last week in this forum

The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back