• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

looking for sleeping recommendations

galina

Time of past OR future Camino
none yet, upcoming in october: camino portugues from porto with my father and babyson :)
Dear everybody,

this october my father, me and our son of 6 months old will walk the camino portugues from Porto for about two weeks.
We were thinking of arraging luggage transport along the way for all the diapers and extra stuff we need to bring for my son.
But now the agency who will do this needs to know where we will stay beforehand and places need an open reception.
Normally I am used to travel and hike like this and see in evening time where I would stay, but now I actually need to find some places where i could make reservations for the three of us.
I find it difficult to find places, except albergues, along the route.
Could anybody give me some advice or recommendations on this?
The stops we had in mind were like this:

Porto (Maia) - Fajozes (Vilarinho?), Arcos, barcelos, baluguas, Ponte de lima, san Pedro de rubiaes, Tui, o porrino, arcade, pontevedra, caldas de Reis, padron, Santiago :)

Thank you very much for your help!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Indeed, Gronze.com or Booking.com.
With a six-months old baby you'd better look for private rooms instead of albergues. Not only for your own comfort, but certainly for the necessary rest during the night of other people!

Gronze, Bookong.com and Wise Pilgrim app will tell you everything. Yes you will need to get private rooms in pensions and hotels. It would not be very fair to have a crying baby in a room with 15, 20 or more people. It would not be good for the baby either as it is sooooo easy to catch something I crowded Albergues. Colds and flus pass very easily in Albergues.

I think the two most recommended luggage transfer places I have looked into both allow for daily notification of next arrival, you may not need to know all of your stops in advance. You can also typically send your stuff about 50K so you may just need to skip a day here and there (be sure to carry enough for that) and find your bag when you arrive. Yes, you do not want to send a bag to any Pensione or other private accommodation that may not have the proper arrangements for receiving your bag(s). You do want them to be there when you arrive.

Caveat: I have yet to walk the camino and my answers are based solely on research I have been doing (and a bit of common sense maybe?)

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Dear everybody,

this october my father, me and our son of 6 months old will walk the camino portugues from Porto for about two weeks.
We were thinking of arraging luggage transport along the way for all the diapers and extra stuff we need to bring for my son.
But now the agency who will do this needs to know where we will stay beforehand and places need an open reception.
Normally I am used to travel and hike like this and see in evening time where I would stay, but now I actually need to find some places where i could make reservations for the three of us.
I find it difficult to find places, except albergues, along the route.
Could anybody give me some advice or recommendations on this?
The stops we had in mind were like this:

Porto (Maia) - Fajozes (Vilarinho?), Arcos, barcelos, baluguas, Ponte de lima, san Pedro de rubiaes, Tui, o porrino, arcade, pontevedra, caldas de Reis, padron, Santiago :)

Thank you very much for your help!
Check booking.com. They never failed us in June.

Did Pont de Lima to SDC last month stayed

Tui Hotel Colon
O Porriño Hotel Internacional
Arcade Hotel San Luis
Callas de Reis Hotel Cena
Padron Hotel Chef Riviera

All booked on Booking .Com

They were all fine apart from the one in O Porriño which was a little dated but clean and adaquate.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello, my friend of 50+ years and I are on our first Camino walk. We are looking for: 1) safe, comfortable hostels in Lisbon; 2) stages from Lisbon to Porto (via Tomar) in about 16 days...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back