• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

looking for someone to plan your camino?

Clare Eby

Garry Budin (who runs Spanish Adventures) is a consummate planner, world class resource, complete professional—and all-around great person. He designed the most perfect, unforgettable, and profoundly restorative trip we (two sisters) have ever had. We would recommend him to anyone, in a heartbeat, and will definitely use him again. For years we have wanted to walk part of the camino on a self-guided tour, but without having to carry our luggage or sleep in albergues. There are all kinds of companies catering to this sort of trip (which might be described as Boomer Adventure Travel Lite), and most claim they can hand-tailor trips. But other companies sell packages and they are going to try to fit you into one of theirs, whether or not it is the right trip for you. We closely looked at several companies, some of them big names. But when we found Garry it was as if we were dealing with a different species altogether—someone who personally knows every inch of the camino (and probably of all the caminos). Garry took the time to ask important questions that no one else had (such as, did we know how to read a wilderness map? No….), and factored in important details such as that we hardly speak any Spanish, before making a recommendation. It quickly became clear that the package another company had sold us would have been a disaster. Garry designed the perfect trip for us, expertly hand-tailored to our very long list of wants (200m km on the Portuguese camino). He recommended all sorts of brilliant things we never would have even thought of (such as a guided tour of the lovely Bom Jesus shrine in Braga, Portugal). The lodgings were magnificent (two of them homey, several lovely smaller hotels, and a few blowouts—one Parador and two Pousadas). The maps and detailed itinerary (complete with notes as to where to stop for coffee, where to be careful not to miss a turn, where to get the best tapas) were beyond invaluable. His luggage delivery service was handled perfectly as was *all* of the transportation to and from airports and between the camino and a lovely hotel on the ocean. There was an ideal balance of meals provided and those we acquired on our own—and all of the food provided exceeded our expectations (and we are serious foodies). Perhaps most important, when you do an adventure like this, there are bound to be glitches (one of us got a toe infection, the other sprained an ankle, and Delta never delivered the luggage to one of us!), and it is crucial to have someone you can actually contact who actually knows the area in detail and how to get things done. Garry even ran interference for us with Delta, often alerting us to things before the airline did. We couldn’t be more thrilled with our trip, or with Garry. The cost was entirely reasonable as well. We feel like the most pampered peregrinas of all time!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum

Last year on my camino I was a bit annoyed when someone back home told me to enjoy my vacation. I bristled. Why did that word annoy me so much? I was on a pilgrimage! Anyway, I'm about to embark...
I'm looking for the best app to use whilst walking on the Camino. Usually I just rely on my Apple watch but I'm leaving that at home, so need an app use that I can pause at rest stops etc...
Everyone talks about the wonderful café con leche, but what if tea is more to your liking? Can you even get tea along the Camino (Frances)? I don’t drink coffee but my morning cup of tea is...
Hey all. I haven't been on the forum for quite sometime (years probably). I walked the Camino Frances in 2016 and to say it was life changing for me is an understatement. On day 3, at the café at...
The logical thing for me to do is bring a Kindle, but TBH I like books, and for me leaving electronic gubbins behind while I do the Camino, appeals. I am thinking of taking one book on The...
I am just back from a few weeks on the Via the la Plata. Since 2015 I have been nearly every year in Spain walking caminoroutes I loved the café con leches. This year I did not like them as much...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back