• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Looking for someone to walk with

mlriibak

Hello,
After walking Camino twice in Spain, I've been dreaming of walking the Le Puy route for a long time. Since I don't speak French and I am a bit timid, I just wonder, if anyone would like to join me around 18-20th of May to walk as far as it is possible within a month.

ML

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
How honest you are - and less timid than you think, as you have posted here how timid you are (etc).

It will be fun if someone responds and nice to make arrangements, and I hope that someone does, but - well, you are a double veteran and you know how it works ... on your third, in France (you addict you!), there will be just enough other pilgrims for you ... won't there :wink:

mirlibak,
When I was walking the Le Puy route, there was a real community feel along the way. There weren't many English speakers, but the French speakers were taking other people under their wing. I am sure that you will find people who will willingly help you if you don't speak French.
Margaret

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Hi ... i walked from St Jean Pied to Santiago 4 years ago ... great time ... & will be arriving in Lyon around 22 or 23 May, with a view to walking for 4/5 weeks ... at least as far as Roncesvalles .. & possibly further onwards .... i plan to rock up one day & start walking next day from Le Puy , & believe that i wil meet loads of people along the way ... so i feel that you do not need to arrange ahead of arriving .... but if you would prefer to start the walk with someone, then i am happy to do so with you ... ps .. i am 54 & male ! pps ... i am only just starting to research the route & have now ordered the guides pgj
i don't speak French, but am v relaxed about that ..school French will be enough

I will probably start some days earlier, around 18th of May or so. But thank you everyone for support. I do believe that there will be angels on my way to help me when I am in trouble and when not :)

One more question - Has anyone taken a train from Paris to Le Puy? Should I buy train ticket in advance or can I do it when I'll be already there?

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
You can buy the ticket at the railwaystation. Take the TGV from Gare de Lyon, which goes south via Lyon and St.Etienne. In St.Etienne take the local train to Le Puy.

Jan Brilleman

It depends on what time of day you want to leave from Paris/arrive in Le Puy: I caught the train that went via Clermont Ferrand. It also left from the Gare de Lyon. You can buy the ticket when you reach Paris- mostly that is fine unless it is a busy holiday weekend, and a lot of the more regional trains such as the one to Le Puy, you can't reserve on anyhow. Sometimes there can be quite a queue to buy tickets in Paris stations, so you need to allow a bit of time for that, though if you are leaving within the hour, they often have a counter for last minute ticket sales.

Margaret

If you know exactly when you will go by train, you can get cheap tickets by bying them now on Internett. The adress: http://www.tgv-europe.com/en/home/. I have bought tickets for June/July now. Payed 42 (or 44) € Paris - Lyon and 17€ (!) Rodez - Paris. Sometimes I get a ticket to print out and other times I get them by post. Bjørg

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi there mlriibak!

I'm taking my first camino around the same time but starting in Conques. Everything is booked and I plan to start walking May 20th. If you decide to start a little further on the route, let me know! My french is HORRIBLE if not funny. Yesterday while brushing off my old french with a friend we struggled out the following:

Me:Où est la bibliothèque ?
Her: La bibliothèque est dans le bébé.

Yeah, I will the most probably start on 19th of May from Le Puy en Velay. I haven't book anything yet - is it really so important to plan everything ahead? Is it also possible to book on internet? Is there wifi possibilities on the road?
Thank you everyone for advises and offers! It makes me feel that I am not alone. And I try to learn how to say my name in French.

ML

Most read last week in this forum

We commenced walking the Via Podiensis on Saturday 13th April 2024. We are from Australia and find it easier to bring our stuff for the Camino in a suitcase, as we have extra clothes for before...
A special thank you to Dave Whitson for his shortcuts on the GR 65. We had a beautiful day walking by the river Lot into Cahors instead of the regular route. It takes a lot of work to create...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back