• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Looking for something to listen to? Here's some Spanish history~

Time of past OR future Camino
Yearly and Various 2014-2019
Via Monastica 2022
This weekend, I spent some time on the internet looking for something interesting to listen to that had nothing to do with the pandemic. And I found these:

It's wonderful to learn something new about the history of the land that we walk in - and in this case about Isabella and Ferdinand, the end of the Reconquista, and the Inquisition. These shows are so well done, and really bring Spanish history alive! They also offer a useful sense of perspective, reminding us that our time is not the only time in history where dark things have happened.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
This weekend, I spent some time on the internet looking for something interesting to listen to that had nothing to do with the pandemic. And I found these:

It's wonderful to learn something new about the history of the land that we walk in - and in this case about Isabella and Ferdinand, the end of the Reconquista, and the Inquisition. These shows are so well done, and really bring Spanish history alive! They also offer a useful sense of perspective, reminding us that our time is not the only time in history where dark things have happened.
Thanks. I like to listen to podcasts when I go on solo walks. It's always great to add some to my repertoire.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Thanks, I will listen at home. My ears reject the earbuds. Maybe because my preference is to hear the air... no, seriously, they don’t stay in.

Thanks, I will listen at home. My ears reject the earbuds. Maybe because my preference is to hear the air... no, seriously, they don’t stay in.
Buy one of Ivar's "tubular scarves" (or whatever we agreed to call them) and wear it like a Nordic headband - keeps the earbuds in and, on a chilly day, keeps your ears warm too!

On the subject of earbuds, those who worry about losing their expensive Apple products need fear no more - you can get a cord to connect them so if one gets dislodged you won't lose it. A bit like old fashioned wired earbuds then?

Thank you! I listened to both. Very enjoyable. 😊

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
My ears reject the earbuds. Maybe because my preference is to hear the air...
I also dislike earbuds and over-the-ear headphones, and as a cyclist, need to be able to hear the sounds around me. After a lot of searching, I found the perfect solution (for me): AfterShokx wireless headphones. These nifty little earphones sit in front of your ears and transmit sound through bone conduction. Before I bought them, I thought they were expensive ($80), but after three years of using them, I wouldn't give them up! They are great for cycling, walking, exercising on the treadmill, vacuuming, doing the dishes... I can listen to an audiobook or a podcast and still hear the birds, the traffic, my Netflix movie (on the treadmill), the vacuum cleaner bumping into something, or my daughter calling me. I wouldn't wear them on the Camino because I want the silence for contemplation there, but for routine tasks, I find them a great solution.

Screen Shot 2020-04-25 at 4.33.09 PM.png

Most read last week in this forum

Hello, my name is Xosé and I am doing a research on LGBT people who have done the Camino. I would be very grateful if you could help me through your experiences. If possible I would like to...
Can someone tell me what Spanish word is used in Spain to refer to hiking poles? Bastones? Palos? Also, as women in tv and movies generally are now referred to as "actores" rather than "actrices"...
One of my favorite websites for both food and cultural information around the world is Cultural Backstreets. As your Portuguese Camino may have you starting in or going through Porto, I though you...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back