• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Looking for Torres Accommodation

mick53

Time of past OR future Camino
Geira y Arrieiros, Torres 2023
Hi
My wife and I are walking the Torres in May from Salamanca to Braga.

I can't find an list for accomodation, can anyone assist?!!

Only source we have found is Maggie Eoids Blog.Gronze good not cover it. No WisePilgrim Guide.

Found what I think is the official site, registered and did their route planner ... lots of points of interest but again NO accommodation.... see their logo attached. Looked at their Brochure, Guide and App but no luck.

Assistance appreciated.

Mick53

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230214_205438.jpg
    Screenshot_20230214_205438.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 157
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Have you seen this site - I think it’s the ‘official’ one.
I walked the Torres back in 2018 and posted to my blog each day. I gave details of accommodation I used, although things may have changed since then. You can take a look here, skip to day 35.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Yes, that’s the official site, linked above by @Magwood. I used her blog a lot as I walked. There are albergues in Spain, but once you get to Portugal it’s pensiones or hoteles. It is an extremely interesting and beautiful caminho, I highly recommend it! Almost all off road, really great routing.

When you get to Braga, you will have to make a choice — continue on to the Portugues Central through Ponte de Lima, Valença, Tui, or go on the Geira e dos Arrieros, which is what I did. Amazing route, but again no albergues. I didn’t post forum updates, but did do a FindPenguins blog-type report.

Happy to help with questions.

Good evening from (french) Brittany-
I walked the Camino Torres (April 26 to May 18, 2021) having left Almèria (Mozarabe) Covid year!! Portugues central Finishing with the Spiritual Way of the Sea of Arousa, without seeing a single pilgrim until Ponte de Lima, not an open albergue!!!
My logbook is available...in French - Only the first part (Salamanca/Ciudad Rodrigo) was poorly equipped - superb landscapes and Portuguese population very happy to see a Pilgrim -
Used the app, Wikiloc, Booking, Airbnb and....Google maps-
The rest as needed -
Done main roads, alone, since 2015 - And the most beautiful? From my house in Santiago (+-2000 kms-81 days)

Yes, that’s the official site, linked above by @Magwood. I used her blog a lot as I walked. There are albergues in Spain, but once you get to Portugal it’s pensiones or hoteles. It is an extremely interesting and beautiful caminho, I highly recommend it! Almost all off road, really great routing.

When you get to Braga, you will have to make a choice — continue on to the Portugues Central through Ponte de Lima, Valença, Tui, or go on the Geira e dos Arrieros, which is what I did. Amazing route, but again no albergues. I didn’t post forum updates, but did do a FindPenguins blog-type report.

Happy to help with questions.
Hello, I requested to follow you on FindPenguins because I’m thinking about doing this particular route someday. Hopefully you’ll see my request.
Thanks
Tina Arredondo

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Have you seen this site - I think it’s the ‘official’ one.
I walked the Torres back in 2018 and posted to my blog each day. I gave details of accommodation I used, although things may have changed since then. You can take a look here, skip to day 35.
no, thanks
Carol has read your blog and pulled out where you stayed

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back