• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Looking to Share Taxi - Pamplona to Roncesvalles on 7 April 2015.

Status
Not open for further replies.

OssieMate

Time of past OR future Camino
Hills of Girona 2016
Alto Teruel Spain 2016
Roncevalles to Santiago April (2015)
Le Puy-en-Velay to SJP'dP France April (2014)
San Leo to Assissi Umbria December (2014)
Cascais to Sintra Portugal (2013)
Obernai to Kaysersberg Alsace (2011)
Hi Everyone,

my wife and I arrive at Pamplona Iruna train station at 16.06 on 7 April 2015 ( arriving on ALVIA 664 train from Barcelona).

We are looking to share a taxi with others to make the journey to Roncesvalles. Is there anyone out there that would be in a similar situation and would like to join us and share the costs. I have been quoted a taxi fare of 60 euros for the one way trip for 2 people, leaving from Pamplona /Iruna station.

Look forward to hearing from anyone interested in accompanying us.

Kind regards

Rudolph & Katherine - 'Ossiemate'
Melbourne Australia

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi Everyone,

my wife and I arrive at Pamplona Iruna train station at 16.06 on 7 April 2015 ( arriving on ALVIA 664 train from Barcelona).

We are looking to share a taxi with others to make the journey to Roncesvalles. Is there anyone out there that would be in a similar situation and would like to join us and share the costs. I have been quoted a taxi fare of 60 euros for the one way trip for 2 people, leaving from Pamplona /Iruna station.

Look forward to hearing from anyone interested in accompanying us.

Kind regards

Rudolph & Katherine - 'Ossiemate'
Melbourne Australia

There is a Refugio in Burgurete, where the owner will pick you up from pamplona train station, you stay the night, dinner and breakfast are provided and he drives you to SJPdP at 6.30 to arrive at 7.30 ish the next morning. I did this last year in May because I couldn't find another way over, there are buses I have heard but it all seemed so difficult. I hadn't just flown in from AUS, I had been horse riding for a week so wasn't jet lagged. It was a smooth transfer and the guy and his wife are quite helpful. From memory the cost was about $52 AUS, for everything. Just in case you can't find someone to share, or you get stuck. I can try to find contact details if you like...

There is a Refugio in Burgurete, where the owner will pick you up from pamplona train station, you stay the night, dinner and breakfast are provided and he drives you to SJPdP at 6.30 to arrive at 7.30 ish the next morning. I did this last year in May because I couldn't find another way over, there are buses I have heard but it all seemed so difficult. I hadn't just flown in from AUS, I had been horse riding for a week so wasn't jet lagged. It was a smooth transfer and the guy and his wife are quite helpful. From memory the cost was about $52 AUS, for everything. Just in case you can't find someone to share, or you get stuck. I can try to find contact details if you like...

Sorry, the aubergio is in 'Viscarret Guerendiain'.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Dear Siobhan02,

thank you for your detailed reply, I appreciate you spending the time in sharing your thoughts.

I only wish to go as far as Roncesvallees as I completed the camino from Le Puy-en-Velay to Roncesvallees in April 2014.

The plan is to start in Roncesvallees and walk the next day without covering 'old' ground as my time is limited, also, all my accommodation is pre-booked and all dates locked in.

There are two ways to get to Roncesvallees from Pamplona, one is taxi from Pamplona/Iruna station at a cost of 60 euros and being transported by Jacotrans, who also move lugagge daily all the way to Santiago, I will use this service. If I can share a taxi, I will use Jacotrans who indicated that if they can locate other pilgrims leaving Pamplona station when I do, and need a taxi, they will let me know and we can all share the cost, problem solved.

The other other alternative is to take a taxi from the station and go to the main bus terminal some 2kms away and buy tickets for the bus that leaves at 18.00pm, I have time to do this as I arrive in Pamplona at 16.06pm - this is around 6 euros per person. I was hoping to share a taxi so that I could attend the pilgrims mass in Roncevalles that evening and meet other pilgrims that I would be walking with along the camino.

Would you know when the pilgrims mass takes place in Roncesvallees, morning or evening times?

I am confident someone will take up the offer of sharing a taxi.

Thanks again,

Ralph & Kathy
Melbourne Australia

Last edited:
If I remember correctly I think the mass is at 8pm

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Dear Siobhan02,

thank you for your detailed reply, I appreciate you spending the time in sharing your thoughts.

I only wish to go as far as Roncesvallees as I completed the camino from Le Puy-en-Velay to Roncesvallees in April 2014.

The plan is to start in Roncesvallees and walk the next day without covering 'old' ground as my time is limited, also, all my accommodation is pre-booked and all dates locked in.

There are two ways to get to Roncesvallees from Pamplona, one is taxi from Pamplona/Iruna station at a cost of 60 euros and being transported by Jacotrans, who also move lugagge daily all the way to Santiago, I will use this service. If I can share a taxi, I will use Jacotrans who indicated that if they can locate other pilgrims leaving Pamplona station when I do, and need a taxi, they will let me know and we can all share the cost, problem solved.

The other other alternative is to take a taxi from the station and go to the main bus terminal some 2kms away and buy tickets for the bus that leaves at 18.00pm, I have time to do this as I arrive in Pamplona at 16.06pm - this is around 6 euros per person. I was hoping to share a taxi so that I could attend the pilgrims mass in Roncevalles that evening and meet other pilgrims that I would be walking with along the camino.

Would you know when the pilgrims mass takes place in Roncesvallees, morning or evening times?

I am confident someone will take up the offer of sharing a taxi.

Thanks again,

Ralph & Kathy
Melbourne Australia

Ah, fair enough. The mass was at 8pm, so get dinner early. :)

Ha, I'm looking to do the Le Puy route next year, I might have to hit you up for details.

... Would you know when the pilgrims mass takes place in Roncesvallees, morning or evening times? ...

Mass Times Roncesvalles can be found here: http://www.roncesvalles.es/directorio/index.asp?id=listado&cat=servi&lg=spa

Translation (roughly)

"Pilgrims Blessing" - Always after the last mass of the day.

"Confessions" - Half an hour before mass. A priest is also available at these times in the Church: Monday, Thursday,Friday , Saturday and Sunday, from 11:30 to 13:30, and from 17:30 to 19:30.

"Mass Times"

Sundays and Holidays 8.30h.( but 1st November until Easter Sunday hasta el Domingo de Pascua) 12.00h (all year round); 18.00h.; (all year round)

Saturday 18.00 h. (all year)

Workdays and Days before Holydays 20.00 h. (all year)

I personally prefer to go first to Mass and then to the dinner as I find it less stressful that way. Buen Camino! SY

€83,-
If I remember correctly I think the mass is at 8pm

Hi camino07,

thank you, looks like I have ample time to attend the mass.

kind regards.

Ralph

Ha, I'm looking to do the Le Puy route next year, I might have to hit you up for details.

Hi Siobhan,

more than happy to help you out.

I did the variant route through the Cele Valley (starting from Figeac and ending up back on the main trail at Cahors), a remote walk via Beduer, Brengues, Cabrerets & Saint-Cirq Lapopie, regarded as the prettiest village in France. The rest of the walk was just stunning countryside and stayed at some delightful places, both reasonably priced and more upmarket (to reward ourselves for all the hard walking).

If you wish to see my itinerary on the stages and accommodation, I am more than happy to pass it on to you, let me know and I can email it.

Kind regards and thanks for your advise so far.

Ralph & Kathy

Mass Times Roncesvalles can be found here: http://www.roncesvalles.es/directorio/index.asp?id=listado&cat=servi&lg=spa

Translation (roughly)

"Pilgrims Blessing" - Always after the last mass of the day.

"Confessions" - Half an hour before mass. A priest is also available at these times in the Church: Monday, Thursday,Friday , Saturday and Sunday, from 11:30 to 13:30, and from 17:30 to 19:30.

"Mass Times"

Sundays and Holidays 8.30h.( but 1st November until Easter Sunday hasta el Domingo de Pascua) 12.00h (all year round); 18.00h.; (all year round)

Saturday 18.00 h. (all year)

Workdays and Days before Holydays 20.00 h. (all year)

I personally prefer to go first to Mass and then to the dinner as I find it less stressful that way. Buen Camino! SY

Hi SYates,

so much detail, thank you, I am looking forward to attending the mass and meeting up with other pilgrims.

Kind regards

Ralph & Kathy

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most read last week in this forum

This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back