• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Lose a leg from Aigle to Luccca

kmccue

Time of past OR future Camino
We have a problem...we have to pick up 1 day of hiking in order to meet our goal of being in Lucca on the 11th of October. I think our best bet is just to edit one less amazing day, than trying to change the whole itinerary. Several have suggested something in the rice fields. Looking for other suggestions. If you had to miss 1 day, which one would it be? I kind of want to keep all the mountain routes in...so what say you veterans?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I would drop the stage out of Piacenza - very industrial, flat and unattractive. When I did it in 2018, lots of dangerous roadside walking for the first half. Maybe it ha changed since then. Mel
THanks, Based I think on your earlier recommendation I had already decided to at least take a lift the first 10 K out of Piacenza...but maybe I should just make it the whole day. Thanks. Also, did you ever stay in Santa Cristina? Can't seem to find any lodging there...

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
THanks, Based I think on your earlier recommendation I had already decided to at least take a lift the first 10 K out of Piacenza...but maybe I should just make it the whole day. Thanks. Also, did you ever stay in Santa Cristina? Can't seem to find any lodging there...
Yes, I stayed at the monastery/ostello there, but that is no use to you as I think you said it was closed. From memory (and I would need to check my journal) it is a very flat stage to Orio Litta, but maybe that makes it too long for you.

Try this (as I did)

15 mins on the train cutting out the flat section. From Fidenza you travel gently uphill towards the Fornovo

I would drop the stage out of Piacenza - very industrial, flat and unattractive. When I did it in 2018, lots of dangerous roadside walking for the first half. Maybe it ha changed since then. Mel
I agree with that. Personally I loved the misty waterlands of the Po valley, despite mosquitoes! The road into and out of Piacenza is horrendous.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Try this (as I did)

15 mins on the train cutting out the flat section. From Fidenza you travel gently uphill towards the Fornovo
Think thats the option we'll take. Im hoping by 3rd week of September, the mosquitoes have already had their fill!

Santa Cristina? Can't seem to find any lodging there...

In Santa Cristina de Bissone there is little to no accomodations (and the one's that were there prior to Covid are probably closed down). Good luck.........

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

The official Via Francigena site has published a list of free walks ** happening in 2024. If you happen to be passing through you might want to take part - or avoid that section that day. (**...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.