Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino Lost backpack

Marina Zd

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances April 2016.
Camino Primitivo May 2018.
So, this morning was supposed to be the beautiful day when I'll start my adventure. But yesterday everything went upside down. Because of a delay flight I missed my connecting flight to Oviedo. At the end I finally came to Oviedo, but they lost my backpack. And now I can't start my walking but have to wait for my backpack hoping that they will track it and bring it to me today. Hmmm, is Camino telling me something with this? :oops:

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
This does happen quite often....and agree with Dave it always goes as carry on and if needed the poles go as checked in. The Camino is real life stuff, things don't always go the way we want them to. Lost luggage usually turns up. Once my poles arrived a day after I did, I still can't figure out why they weren't on the same plane I was on??

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
If you have a phone ... give the airline your number, buy a bottle of water and cheap tshirt, undies and sweatpants - a discount store is likely nearby - and start walking. The airline can deliver your bag to you down the road.

The alburgues ahead of you may have left-behind stuff you can use while waiting.

I met a Dutch lady last year who had the same issue; her bag caught up to her a few days later.

If you have a phone ... give the airline your number, buy a bottle of water and cheap tshirt, undies and sweatpants - a discount store is likely nearby - and start walking. The airline can deliver your bag to you down the road.

The alburgues ahead of you may have left-behind stuff you can use while waiting.

I met a Dutch lady last year who had the same issue; her bag caught up to her a few days later.
I thought of that, but I can wait for a day or two, so I hope the bag will appear in that time.
Thank you all for your advices!

So, this morning was supposed to be the beautiful day when I'll start my adventure. But yesterday everything went upside down. Because of a delay flight I missed my connecting flight to Oviedo. At the end I finally came to Oviedo, but they lost my backpack. And now I can't start my walking but have to wait for my backpack hoping that they will track it and bring it to me today. Hmmm, is Camino telling me something with this? :oops:
How awful. My worst fear is loosing my beloved pack. At least you are in a beautiful place while you wait. I so hope it arrives asap for you.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
The Camino is telling you to adjust and go with the flow. The Camino provides everything you need. I like the advice of another -- continue, replace the basics that you absolutely need, and have faith the airline will deliver your pack. (If you can afford to hang around town for a day or two, it might not be a bad idea.)

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all! Started today from Oviedo to Escamplero. Now I know, why so many people say it's a bit of a challenge to come out of Oviedo. I got lost just once, but was rescued by a very friendly guy. A...
I have been trying to find a way to avoid the circus during the last stages of Frances. In two hours you can take the Lugo - Ourense train and walk the last stages on the Plata. Is it a good idea...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back