• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Lost Canadian passport help:(

jaspatch

Time of past OR future Camino
August 31st, 2013
Hi pilgrims! I lost my passport between Sarria and Portomarin on Sept 7. If anyone is on this route please let me know if you come across it. Name is Winnie Chow-Horn and you can email me at wchow@me.com or text/call me canadian cell 17802933885.
Thanks!

Winnie

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
You should contact the consulate. They can get you an emergency replacement.

Also you should file a police report.

Do you have travel insurance? Many travel insurance policies cover this type event and THEY will stay in contact with the Embassy and expedite a lot of the documentation on your behalf. Agree that there are 3 calls you have to do IMMEDIATELY: POLICE, Embassy, and travel insurance.

This post stresses an important point: TAKE WITH YOU a couple of copies of your passport as well as phone numbers in the event you lost it. Same with credit cards.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
One more thing. If you're traveling with another Canadian (who has their ID) BOTH of you go to the consulate. IIRC it'll help if there is somebody to vouch for you.

From Canada:

Outside Canada: Report the loss or theft to the nearest Government of Canada office abroad and to the local police.

Replacing a lost or stolen passport
A replacement passport may be authorized if all requirements are met. These include the submission of:

1. A completed application form (adult in Canada or the US [PPTC 153, PDF, 479 KB], adult abroad [PPTC 040, PDF, 449 KB], child in Canada or the US [PPTC 155, PDF, 466 KB], child abroad [PPTC 042, PDF, 431 KB]) signed by your guarantor;

2. Two identical passport photos, one of which is signed by the guarantor;

3. An accepted proof of Canadian citizenship; and

4. A document to support your identity;

5. The appropriate fee; and

6. A complete Declaration concerning a lost, stolen, inaccessible, damaged or found Canadian travel document (PPTC 203, PDF, 150 KB).
Canadians living in Canada or the United States—can request a replacement passport in person at any Passport Canada office or submit an application by mail or courier.

Canadians abroad (outside of Canada and the United States) can apply at the nearest Government of Canada office abroad.

Before the passport can be replaced, Canadian authorities will conduct an investigation into the circumstances of the loss or theft. This may lead to delays in processing the replacement passport.

This application requires a guarantor. The guarantor is a person other than yourself who confirms your identity, has known you for more than two years and lives in Canada or the United States. For the guarantor you have three options:
  1. Select Canadian guarantor: Must holds a valid Canadian Passport.
  2. Select Professional guarantor: Must be a member of designated professions identified by Passport Canada.
  3. Select No guarantor: Must complete Statutory Declaration in Lieu of Guarantor (Form PPTC 132)

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Address, Telephone, Fax, Email
Plaça de Catalunya, 9, 1º, 2ª
08002 Barcelona, Spain
Telephone: (34) 932 703 614
Fax: (34) 933 170 541
Email: bclna@international.gc.ca
The Consulate of Canada in Barcelona offers consular services to Canadians.

Address, Telephone, Fax, Email
Plaza de la Malagueta 2, 1º
29016 Málaga, Spain
Tel.: (34) 952 223 346
Fax: (34) 952 229 533
Email: cancon@microcad.es
The Consulate of Canada in Malaga offers consular services to Canadians.

I hope this helps

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Jaspatch has not returned since the post on September 8. Assume a resolution of the problem????

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back