A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Found! Lost Compostelas and the like - Found a solution ...

2020 Camino Guides

SYates

Camino Fossil AD 1999, now living in Santiago de C
Camino(s) past & future
First: Camino Francés 1999
Last: Santiago - Muxia 2019

Now: http://egeria.house/
If you ever lose your Compostela/Distance Certificate/Welcome Certificate - You can get replacement copies (I have now helped a couple of pilgrims to do so, so yes, it works)

Method one (if you speak/can write in Spanish: email certificadodistancia@catedraldesantiago.es with all info you previously put in your credencial.

Method two: If you don't speak/write Spanish: Contact me here on the Forum via PM or via http://egeria.house/contact/ and I help you along.

Said that, if you find yourself in any distress in or near Santiago, please hesitate in contacting me also!

I can't promise anything other that I will do my best to help. BC SY

t2andreo

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
C/F: 2013, 2014
C/M: 2016
C/P: 2015, 2017
C/I: 2018
Voluntario: 2014 - 2019
@SYates is, of course, correct. Also, she is the person best situated to help in this regard.

But, just to clarify and expand, in case anyone reads this incorrectly... in the case of a Compostela or Certificate of Welcome, you can only replace a certificate that has been previously issued.

In other words, if you were denied said certificate in person, or obtained a solo sello and left Santiago without a certificate and have changed your mind, it cannot be obtained in absentia. Your initial Compostela or Welcome Certificate must have been obtained in person.

Pilgrim Office staff will research the hard paper copies of the data form you completed when you were at the counter. That is how they can reconstruct eligibility for a Compostela ior Welcome Certificate.

It is a very labor intensive effort, as EU data protection rules do not allow names to be stored in electronic databases. The hard copies are stored in archival boxes off site and must be accessed in searched.

Filing is done by the original processing date. For this reason the exact date you were first issued the Compostela or Welcome CErtificate is essential to reducing the manual search time needed.

Presumably, to replace a Distance Certificate, they will go through the same steps to determine which certificate you were originally granted. This information, plus the essential facts needed to generate the Distance Certificate, and which you - no doubt - provided as @SYates mentioned above, provides adequate information to generate a replacement Distance Certificate.

Finally, this does take some time. Consider donations to all involved...

Hope this helps.

Camino(s) past & future
2013 Camino Frances SJPP / 2014 Camino Portugues / 2015 Camino Ingles / 2015 Hospitalero Training
2016 (fall) Camino Sanabre / Hospitalero?
As a Hospitalero in Salamanca I discovered two forgotten passports and have wondered how to return these hard won documents to the owners. Can I mail them to you?

SYates

Camino(s) past & future

VNwalking

Wandering in big circles
Camino(s) past & future
Francés ('14/'15)
San Olav/CF ('16)
Baztanés/CF ('17)
Ingles ('18)
Vasco/CF/Invierno ('19)
Said that, if you find yourself in any distress in or near Santiago, please hesitate in contacting me also! I can't promise anything other that I will do my best to help
Consider donations to all involved...
Including Egeria House. I can attest first-hand to @SYates's tireless work on behalf of others.

t2andreo

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
C/F: 2013, 2014
C/M: 2016
C/P: 2015, 2017
C/I: 2018
Voluntario: 2014 - 2019
Unceasing... except if a dog passes by... Then she is easily distracted... We call it DAAD... Dog Activated Attention Disorder...

She loves doggies...and cats too...

SYates

Camino(s) past & future

what is a welcome certificate?
When you arrive at the pilgrims office you get asked if you did the Camino for religious-spiritual reasons or for cultural-sportive-other reasons. The Compostela acknowledges in the text that you did the pilgrimage for religious-spiritual reasons, the equally beautiful welcome certificate acknowledges that you visited the cathedral for other reasons.
Hope that helps,
BC SY

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 54 4.2%
  • April

Votes: 193 15.2%
  • May

Votes: 318 25.0%
  • June

Votes: 92 7.2%
  • July

Votes: 23 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 363 28.5%
  • October

Votes: 154 12.1%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 6 0.5%
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock