A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Kellsim

Camino(s) past & future
2018 walking to Logroño
Varifocal glasses in a black case lost between Pamplona and Puente de Reina Monday 25th September. Possibly around Uterga. If found I would be grateful if you would contact me. Thanks Buen Camino.

Anamya

Keeping it simple
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2015)
Camino Portugues (2017)
Lebaniego (Planning)
Hope you find it, Kellsim! Maybe let the albergues know and give a call to bars you stopped by along the way, if you remember the names?

Treva

Bill and Treva
Camino(s) past & future
SJPdP to SdC (Apr/May 2018)
I know your pain! I lost my multi-focal eyeglasses on the Camino Frances, and I know exactly where I left them...in the hut on the Napoleon route! April 27, 2018. The rest of the walk to Santiago was a more "mystical" experience because of it. :)

Marbe2

Camino(s) past & future
2015 SJPD to Burgos
2017 Leon to Santiago
Pamplona to Santiago Mar. 2018
Burgos - SCDC (Oct 18)
I wear progressives and luckily would know immediately upon leaving my room that I did not have them! So I can really sympathize with your situation. Nevertheless, I always bring a second pair, even if the prescription is an older one, just in case....

Camino(s) past & future
2016 Sjpp to Sdc. 2017 Lisbon to Sdc to Finisterre. 2018 ?
I lost my reading glasses in Leon Cathedral.
Apparently, the Cathedral doesn't have a lost and found department as I discovered.
When I asked in my best poor Spanish if I could re-enter, an annoyed lady came out from behind the ticket selling counter, grabbed my arm propelling me across the floor and shoving me through the doorway where people exit the cathedral.
Because of the low lighting at the back of the Cathedral, I was unable to find my glasses.
Shouldn't have lost them in the first place. You get that horrible feeling when you realise you've lost something for a start!
And a Buen Camino to the lady that felt the need to treat me unkindly
Good luck to those poor souls who lose their glasses. I feel your pain!
Cheers

Last edited:

domigee

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF(x4), Fisterra/Muxía(x2), VdlP, Jerusalem, VF, Walsingham,
C inglés. 2019? Who knows! ;-)
Varifocal glasses in a black case lost between Pamplona and Puente de Reina Monday 25th September. Possibly around Uterga. If found I would be grateful if you would contact me. Thanks Buen Camino.
I really hope you find them!
I lost mine this year too - in Cirauqui and spent the next 4 weeks ignoring people- just because I could’t see them lol
I was too busy being careful about where I was putting my feet!!!
You have all my sympathy.
Really, all the best!

Camino(s) past & future
Frances (2015); Ch. d'Arles: Oloron Ste Marie to Aragones; Frances (2016); V.d.l.P.; Sanabres (2017)
@Kellsim
If you have a copy of your prescription with you, you might see if you could get a replacement pair made quickly in the next town. I remember a posting by a pilgrim whose glasses were run over by a lawn mower outside the wall at Pamplona. He got his eyes tested and his glasses quickly replaced. As it turned out, the glasses which had been destroyed were very out of date. As a result, he could see the rest of his camino much better with the new pair. Good luck and buen camino.

Camino(s) past & future
SJPP – SdC (2017)
Waiting for an opportunity to walk again...
Should your glasses not turn up, you could probably get some simple glasses with your lens strength plus some cheap reading glasses in the next town within an hour or so. It would be a pity to walk the Camino and not see all its beauty. Good luck!

OLDER threads on this topic

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Pilgrims here right now

Advertisement
Booking.com

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 8 1.1%
  • February

Votes: 4 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 33 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 108 14.7%
  • May

Votes: 179 24.4%