• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Lost & Found Lost fitbit and a toenail

DearKat

Time of past OR future Camino
Irun to Santiago planned
Greetings pilgrims I took a tumble on stage 1 somewhere after the Church Hermitage of Guadalupe and before Pasia ahead of the roadside section. There was heavy rain in Irun last night and the path was uneven and slippery wet.

I realise it's a long shot but I had the Fitbit flex 2 since ten years, it's been my darling for many hikes, marathons and swimathons. After the fall way way way down the path I didn't have the chip anymore.

It had buzzed for 20,000 steps not long before I fell. If any Pilgrim finds a fitbit cell on the path its waterproof and I can offer reward.

Fitbit aside, I made it to San Sebastián but lost the index toenail in the fall. Or rather it hangs on at the cuticle. Middle toe also not looking good. Does anyone know if I should not disturb the nail bed or I should tweezer it off to continue? Hiking groups seem undecided on keep it and plaster vs remove it and plaster. Has this happened to anyone that continued route?

Gratitude for the day:
- Maxim from my Auberge spontaneously playing flute at the sunrise view of Hermitage of Guadalupe
- Finding a waterfall dipping spot, completely clear with no leech, water spider etc just before the roadside section to the water taxi. On the right of the oath where the road bend starts.
- Seeing two pilgrims from last nights Auberge at a bus stop in San Sebastián lifted my spirits when feeling injured and all Auberges were full. Comraderie and chat.

1660932160538.png

Last edited by a moderator:
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Good luck on finding your Fitbit! I lost mine when my strap broke on the Camino Portuguese earlier this year.
Sorry to hear about your toenail. I hope that it's not too painful.

Good luck on finding your Fitbit! I lost mine when my strap broke on the Camino Portuguese earlier this year.
I had it tight today its never fallen out ever... so sad on day 1 Camino when you really wanted your footsteps to look back on...

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I cover (glue down) a loosened toenail with Compeed. Not painful after a couple of days and just comes off painlessly after about two weeks. Happens regularly to me when I fail to keep the toenail cut way back. Buen Camino

Greetings pilgrims I took a tumble on stage 1 somewhere after the Church Hermitage of Guadalupe and before Pasia ahead of the roadside section. There was heavy rain in Irun last night and the path was uneven and slippery wet.

I realise it's a long shot but I had the Fitbit flex 2 since ten years, it's been my darling for many hikes, marathons and swimathons. After the fall way way way down the path I didn't have the chip anymore.

It had buzzed for 20,000 steps not long before I fell. If any Pilgrim finds a fitbit cell on the path its waterproof and I can offer reward.

Fitbit aside, I made it to San Sebastián but lost the index toenail in the fall. Or rather it hangs on at the cuticle. Middle toe also not looking good. Does anyone know if I should not disturb the nail bed or I should tweezer it off to continue? Hiking groups seem undecided on keep it and plaster vs remove it and plaster. Has this happened to anyone that continued route?

Gratitude for the day:
- Maxim from my Auberge spontaneously playing flute at the sunrise view of Hermitage of Guadalupe
- Finding a waterfall dipping spot, completely clear with no leech, water spider etc just before the roadside section to the water taxi. On the right of the oath where the road bend starts.
- Seeing two pilgrims from last nights Auberge at a bus stop in San Sebastián lifted my spirits when feeling injured and all Auberges were full. Comraderie and chat.

View attachment 131301
Lost the index toenail at Fromista on the Frances. Kept it taped up until it was ready to leave on its own

Gratitude for the day:

View attachment 131301
I loose my index toenail every backpacking trip, including the Camino that I just finished. I tape it on until it falls completely off on its own. I use a small band aide wrapped around one time and covered with a small strip of first aid tape. I usually don’t notice when it’s finally gone.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I cover (glue down) a loosened toenail with Compeed. Not painful after a couple of days and just comes off painlessly after about two weeks. Happens regularly to me when I fail to keep the toenail cut way back. Buen Camino
Thank you friend ill give it a go

Thank you friend ill give it a go. I was about to take it out.

I loose my index toenail every backpacking trip, including the Camino that I just finished. I tape it on until it falls completely off on its own. I use a small band aide wrapped around one time and covered with a small strip of first aid tape. I usually don’t notice when it’s finally gone.
I am not alone. Thank you for the tips. Seems we're unanimous on take that bad boy down. Glad I didn't tweezer it and asked.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I know everyone is different and maybe this device can be helpful with people who may have medical conditions but what does this do that is different from the free devices like on an Iphone or maybe a free app. I check the iphone when I am training just to see how far I have walked. I am just not sure what the point of it is. This is not a criticism I would really like to know.

I know everyone is different and maybe this device can be helpful with people who may have medical conditions but what does this do that is different from the free devices like on an Iphone or maybe a free app. I check the iphone when I am training just to see how far I have walked. I am just not sure what the point of it is. This is not a criticism I would really like to know.
I like to track my sleep on my fitbit.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all! I walked the Le Puy to Roncesvalles route last spring, and now I am thinking of Arles to Compostela on the Norte in the fall. I have many questions. I have downloaded the WP Norte App. I...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back