A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Lost Lost iphone between Portomarin and Palais de Rei 7/24/2016 If found, please e-mail rikkda@yahoo.com

2020 Camino Guides

Rikkda

Camino(s) past & future
Current
I lost my (cracked) iPhone en route. It contains all my precious pictures. If you find it, or have any ideas on how to locate it, please let me know. Thanks!

grayland

Staff member
Camino(s) past & future
Yes
Once again...a reminder to mark all your valuables, including credentials, and everything you would want returned with your email address.

Most folks along the way will be very happy to email you and arrange for the return of your valuables.

International Phone numbers just don't have the same ease of contact.

Latecomer

Camino(s) past & future
VDLP (Sept 2015)

CF SJPDP-SdC+
(Sept/Oct 2018)
I almost hate to say this because of the possible impact on upload bandwidth, but Google Photos will back up an unlimited amount of photos for free, forever over Wi-Fi (if desired), on the iOS or Android platform. Although it is unfortunately too late for Rikkda, other people should consider getting a Google (e.g., Gmail) account and testing Google Photos before they need it. There are a number of other significant benefits.

Wokabaut_Meri

somewhere along the Way
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Francés 2015
Pilgrims Way 2018
Via Francigena #1 Canterbury-Dover 2018
Hi Rikkda
So sorry to hear about the loss of your iPhone. Probably preaching to the converted but if you have activated your iCloud account and have Find my Phone switched on, you may be able to get a location if it is online. This feature also enables you to remotely lock it or wipe its dat completely.

Otherwise you can message it with your details (only those that you are willing to make public) and ask for its return. My travel phone has my public contact details as a screensaver.

Good luck!

purplesage

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Francais, Finisterre and Muxia (2012) , Camino Portuguese 2014, Camino Inglese 2015, Camino Muxia 2015, Incomplete part of CF 2015 ... will hopefully finish later this year
I lost my (cracked) iPhone en route. It contains all my precious pictures. If you find it, or have any ideas on how to locate it, please let me know. Thanks!
Join the club, Rikkda. I lost mine in February this year. I had another phone with me which got wet in the pouring rain and that got defunked and then, I lost one lens from my spectacles. So all in good fun. Keep the faith. Buen Camino :), Caesar

Rikkda

Camino(s) past & future
Current
Hi Rikkda
So sorry to hear about the loss of your iPhone. Probably preaching to the converted but if you have activated your iCloud account and have Find my Phone switched on, you may be able to get a location if it is online. This feature also enables you to remotely lock it or wipe its dat completely.

Otherwise you can message it with your details (only those that you are willing to make public) and ask for its return. My travel phone has my public contact details as a screensaver.

Good luck!
Thanks so much!

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Latest posts

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 52 4.3%
  • April

Votes: 183 15.1%
  • May

Votes: 297 24.4%
  • June

Votes: 86 7.1%
  • July

Votes: 23 1.9%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.2%
  • September

Votes: 349 28.7%
  • October

Votes: 149 12.3%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.4%
  • December

Votes: 6 0.5%
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock