• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Lost my phone !!!!!!

Time of past OR future Camino
starting on October 31 2015
I'm on my second stage of Camino Frances. On Sunday 6 th March I dropped a black, very unsmart ( like its owner). Samsung phone somewhere between Burgos and Hornillos....this is my work phone(I know !!!!!!).....and pretty important to me but valueless to anyone else. I stopped at the café just back from the municipal auberege in Burgos, the café in Rabe and ( my prime suspect) the picnic area at Fuente de Praotorre....just before the top of the climb up to the Meseta....I took my pack off there and suspect phone may have dropped out....
SO....would kind perigrinos walking out of Burgos please stop at these 3 places and look for/enquire after my phone....it was switched off and when I phone it seems to be still so I imagine it sleeping out on that hill....I am timmizen@hotmail.com and of course contactable here....Buen Camino !!!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Sorry to learn that your phone is lost. Perhaps you might send an email stating the situation in English/Spanish to all the albergues on the section of the route where you believe it disappeared. Cite the Forum as your contact point. Ask the albergues to post your email.

Good luck!

Margaret gives very good advice concerning notifying the albergues after the areas where you suspect it may be found.

Many (most) pilgrims tend to turn in such items to the next albergue that they stay in....it may work.
Of course, most people who find a phone look for a "home" number or email address in the contacts. Hopefully you had an email address under home???

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Margaret gives very good advice concerning notifying the albergues after the areas where you suspect it may be found.

Many (most) pilgrims tend to turn in such items to the next albergue that they stay in....it may work.
Of course, most people who find a phone look for a "home" number or email address in the contacts. Hopefully you had an email address under home???
That would only work if you had a really dumb phone that didn't require a password. Hence why a real home/ landlime number taped to the back of the home would make the dumb phone a tad bit smarter.

That is right if you have a password on it.
It is a good idea to use a email address as you home phone is probably an international call that the finder may not be willing to make....and you are not there.

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Thanks for the solid advice everyone...and so quick....what a little miracle this forum is...I'm marching on from Leon now so.....I will email as suggested....if anyone is passing the last picnic spot out of Burgos before the top please do go and have a quick look....buen camino

Thanks for the solid advice everyone...and so quick....what a little miracle this forum is...I'm marching on from Leon now so.....I will email as suggested....if anyone is passing the last picnic spot out of Burgos before the top please do go and have a quick look....buen camino
Feel free to have it sent to me in Santiago if they find it. I can keep it until you arrive.

My address is here:
http://www.casaivar.com/luggage-storage-in-santiago-de-compostela/sending-instructions.html

On my phone's "lock" screen I used a photo with my name, city, state and country, my email and my husband's cell phone number. I think that's pretty much all the info I'd want someone to have if I lost my phone.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Today, we have welcome a group of 4 pilgrims. One, have lost the telephone in a taxi, during the last kms to Santarém.
Not sure about the taxi central provided the service. But tried, my regular taxi contact... and guest what! the phone was found!
Costed 15€ to get the phone back by taxi, in less than one hour.
Really lucky !
Bom Caminho

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
I have been planning to return and rejoin the path from Leon next week. ( Main route) I am wondering whether it might be better to wait until later in April to rejoin the path, my hope is to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back