A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Ad

Luggage Storage in Santiago

- Ship your things to Santiago, pick them up when you arrive.

Advertisement

Lost Lost my police report - what to do?

ScaryB4Coffee

Put your feet up after walking. It's good for you.
Camino(s) past & future
Del Norte May/June (2016)
Frances September (2018)
You may recall I'm the one who's pack was stolen in June. Now I have another dilemma. The police report was printed out and put in a very safe place. I only took it out once to show my husband when we were in Santiago. I have totally unpacked and looked every where, and apparently it did not come home with me. Does anyone know how to get another one from the police? I got on the website in Spain and tried the link to contact them and it didn't work. I wonder if it's because I'm in a different country. On Monday I'm going to call the insurance company and see if I can get away with not having it to file a claim, but I'm not optimistic. Any suggested act of desperation is welcome.

Advertisment

W

whariwharangi

You may recall I'm the one who's pack was stolen in June. Now I have another dilemma. The police report was printed out and put in a very safe place. I only took it out once to show my husband when we were in Santiago. I have totally unpacked and looked every where, and apparently it did not come home with me. Does anyone know how to get another one from the police? I got on the website in Spain and tried the link to contact them and it didn't work. I wonder if it's because I'm in a different country. On Monday I'm going to call the insurance company and see if I can get away with not having it to file a claim, but I'm not optimistic. Any suggested act of desperation is welcome.
$300 worth of stuff? Eat it.

SYates

Camino Fossil AD 1999
Camino(s) past & future
First: Camino Francés 1999
Last: Camino Portugues 2018

Now: http://egeria.house/
You know the police station you made the original report to, correct? Just contact them and ask for another copy!
Buen Camino, SY

ScaryB4Coffee

Camino(s) past & future
Frances September (2018)
You know the police station you made the original report to, correct? Just contact them and ask for another copy!
Buen Camino, SY
I tried that. I looked up the police station, but couldn't find it, but I did find the web page for the Guardia Policia, or however it's spelled. There was a link to contact them. My email was rejected by their server.

Advertisment

SYates

Camino Fossil AD 1999
Camino(s) past & future

Do you have/remember the physical address where you made the original report? If yes, PM it to me with the relevant information you have (date etc) and I do my best to help - I am fluent in Spanish ;-) SY

ScaryB4Coffee

Camino(s) past & future
Frances September (2018)
Do you have/remember the physical address where you made the original report? If yes, PM it to me with the relevant information you have (date etc) and I do my best to help - I am fluent in Spanish ;-) SY
Will do. How do I PM you?

SYates

Camino Fossil AD 1999
Camino(s) past & future

Just off the phone with the nice Guardia Civil officer. Without giving away any personal information, the workaround is to send a request for a copy to them per email and attach a ID/passport scan to said email and they send you a copy back. Buen Camino, SY

Camino(s) past & future
Mar 2010, May/Jun 2016, Sep 2011, 2012, Apr 2014, St Olav's Way 2018
Hi @ScaryB4Coffee (I love your forum name!) if I was an insurance inspector, and was directed to your original thread of when you lost you backpack, I would be convinced.
Worth a try?
Here is your original post reporting the lost pack.
I agree that it should serve as a proof of loss in place of the Spanish police report.

https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/i-just-want-to-give-it-up.41626/
I would not be as optimistic as @jsalt and @grayland appear to be that a post on this forum would serve as some sort of substantive evidence of your loss. Getting a copy of the police report would appear to me to be more likely to establish the bona fides of a loss claim on your insurer.

ScaryB4Coffee

Camino(s) past & future
Frances September (2018)
HALLELUJAH!!! My claim check is in the mail - $1,078.39. Thanks so much SYates and everyone that has helped me so much with your support

OLDER threads on this topic

Advertisement

Latest posts

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 7 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 26 4.3%
  • April

Votes: 94 15.7%
  • May

Votes: 156 26.0%