A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

lost photo journey site

2020 Camino Guides

Finisterre

Camino(s) past & future
Sarria 2001,
Porto 2006,
Valenca 2008,
Finisterre 2010,
SJdPP 2012,
Tui 2014.

No plans to return, yet.
I am fancying a virtual walk. some favourite days from the past.

Many years ago, 10 or 20, I am not sure, there used to be a site on the net that had a day by day guide for quite a few camino journeys. You would click on a day and it would be a sequence of photographs from that day. Lots of flowers, paths, churches, maybe thirty pictures a day. Always finishing with a photo of the target alberque.

Where has it gone?

dougfitz

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Spain: Mar 2010, Apr 2014, May/Jun 2016. Norway/Sweden: 2012, 2018. Other: 2011, 2019. CP (2020)

Many years ago, 10 or 20, I am not sure, there used to be a site on the net that had a day by day guide for quite a few camino journeys. You would click on a day and it would be a sequence of photographs from that day. Lots of flowers, paths, churches, maybe thirty pictures a day. Always finishing with a photo of the target alberque.

Where has it gone?
Good question. I recall using a site like that to research my first camino in 2010. There is http://santiago-compostela.net/ that does something similar, but i am not sure it is the same one or new.

makingtrax

Camino(s) past & future
El norte2010
Portuguese 2014
Primativo 2016
Frances sept 2017!

Where has it gone?
I also used this site 10 years ago. Think it was the english site Confrenity of st James...please excuse spelling.

dougfitz

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Spain: Mar 2010, Apr 2014, May/Jun 2016. Norway/Sweden: 2012, 2018. Other: 2011, 2019. CP (2020)
Good question. I recall using a site like that to research my first camino in 2010. There is http://santiago-compostela.net/ that does something similar, but i am not sure it is the same one or new.
@Finisterre, it appears the ownership of this site changed hands in 2015, and it was rebuild around 2016. The original site dates back to 2002, which would be be consistent with your recollection that a site existed about 20 years ago.

Finisterre

Camino(s) past & future
Sarria 2001,
Porto 2006,
Valenca 2008,
Finisterre 2010,
SJdPP 2012,
Tui 2014.

No plans to return, yet.
Doug
Fantastic, that is the one, the same photos. I think they must have changed the layout.
I'm feeling quite emotional after browsing this.
(probably due to civilisational stress.)
A godsend.

Thank you.

AndrewDavOz

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2019
If you have a reasonable idea of the site address you can try to view the archived content via one of the internet archives. Eg the wayback machine. Ive viewed old content from the late 90s that way.
Andrew

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 54 4.2%
  • April

Votes: 193 15.2%
  • May

Votes: 318 25.0%
  • June

Votes: 92 7.2%
  • July

Votes: 23 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 362 28.5%
  • October

Votes: 154 12.1%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 6 0.5%
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock