A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

The big map o the Caminos de Santiago

Lost Lost Pilgrim Passport soon after entering Santiago on 20 October 2018

Camino(s) past & future
First camino beginning September 2018
Soon after entering Santiago in October, met fellow Pilgrims who had been on same Camino route. We shared about our favorite stamps then I walked away from them as they continued upwards to Cathedral. I sat on a concrete block just to rest awhile. Think I left my passport right there. Can't pinpoint the exact spot on a map....

KinkyOne

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
I'am not perfect, but I'm always myself!!!
Soon after entering Santiago in October, met fellow Pilgrims who had been on same Camino route. We shared about our favorite stamps then I walked away from them as they continued upwards to Cathedral. I sat on a concrete block just to rest awhile. Think I left my passport right there. Can't pinpoint the exact spot on a map....
Check in Pilgrim Office first if anyone brought it there. Or in every bar, restaurant, shop etc. in the near.

Camino(s) past & future
Check in Pilgrim Office first if anyone brought it there. Or in every bar, restaurant, shop etc. in the near.
Asked for direction to Pilgrim Office and was shown to the place where all the Pilgrims were entering, clutching their precious credencials. The tall man who seemed to be in charge just put out his hand repeating over and over as though I were deaf/idiot : Credencial... .... I tried to explain I'd come to find out if anyone had perhaps found the Credencial and handed it in? He wasn't hearing my story and practically hustled me out of the door. I do understand the rules: NO CREDENCIAL, NO ENTRY. i may have been in the wrong building in the first place, but I left and never returned to the Catedral. What I would like to know is, what happens if my pilgrim passport is found since I am now back in my own country? My details are on the passport.

KinkyOne

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
I'am not perfect, but I'm always myself!!!
Asked for direction to Pilgrim Office and was shown to the place where all the Pilgrims were entering, clutching their precious credencials. The tall man who seemed to be in charge just put out his hand repeating over and over as though I were deaf/idiot : Credencial... .... I tried to explain I'd come to find out if anyone had perhaps found the Credencial and handed it in? He wasn't hearing my story and practically hustled me out of the door. I do understand the rules: NO CREDENCIAL, NO ENTRY. i may have been in the wrong building in the first place, but I left and never returned to the Catedral. What I would like to know is, what happens if my pilgrim passport is found since I am now back in my own country? My details are on the passport.
Pilgrim Office is not within the Cathedral but is run by Cathedral authority. Did you go to this place?
https://oficinadelperegrino.com/en/contact-us/

Maybe send them an e-mail. If you are not fluent in Spanish use on-line translator, it'll do.

Good luck!

Jeff Crawley

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Contemplating yet another "final" camino
Porto to SdC May 2019
It's happened to me too so I appreciate your concern.
Not sure why you'd be refused entry - people go to the office for all sorts of reasons other than getting a Compostela - information office, spiritual guidance, the shop to name but a few.
There's a box in the inner office that's full of lost property from glasses through to national identity cards - even a completed Compostela a few weeks back and, of course, a lot of misplaced Credentials. They don't keep stuff forever though.
Also try the local police - the ones that hang around the cathedral square with the big guns. When it happened to me they were very quick in responding (to no avail) and their English is about as bad as my Spanish so fall back on Google Translate.
Good luck, I hope it turns up.

Camino(s) past & future
It's happened to me too so I appreciate your concern.
Not sure why you'd be refused entry - people go to the office for all sorts of reasons other than getting a Compostela - information office, spiritual guidance, the shop to name but a few.
There's a box in the inner office that's full of lost property from glasses through to national identity cards - even a completed Compostela a few weeks back and, of course, a lot of misplaced Credentials. They don't keep stuff forever though.
Also try the local police - the ones that hang around the cathedral square with the big guns. When it happened to me they were very quick in responding (to no avail) and their English is about as bad as my Spanish so fall back on Google Translate.
Good luck, I hope it turns up.
Thanks, Jeff Crawley. From your description of the Pilgrim office, i don't think I was in the right place at all - I was told by staff at the hotel in the Cathedral Square to go where the Pilgrims entered and that's where I went to enquire. Sad not get the compostella but I think I fulfilled my primary reason for undertaking the Camino. I do miss my credential though. Had two hand drawn stamps and my favorite - the wax stamp obtained at the very "top of the world". Thanks for suggestions, will follow through.

jrenner

camino Frances SEPT 18
Camino(s) past & future
CF, Sept (2018)
I lost mine on Oct 19th.....probably left in the hotel room in Santiago the morning we packed to leave. Still waiting to hear if someone found it.

SYates

Camino Fossil AD 1999
Camino(s) past & future
First: Camino Francés 1999
Last: Camino Inglés 2018

Now: http://egeria.house/
...What I would like to know is, what happens if my pilgrim passport is found since I am now back in my own country? My details are on the passport.
Send me your name/address and anything else that helps to identify your credencial and I go over to the office and see if they have it. It is a while ago since you lost it, but perhaps we get lucky? BC SY

Camino(s) past & future
Send me your name/address and anything else that helps to identify your credencial and I go over to the office and see if they have it. It is a while ago since you lost it, but perhaps we get lucky? BC SY
So sorry, have not been on forum for a while so missed your kind offer. For what its worth, my credential looks like this. I will also send the first two pages of the Sellos in next post.

Attachments

Camino(s) past & future
Send me your name/address and anything else that helps to identify your credencial and I go over to the office and see if they have it. It is a while ago since you lost it, but
we get lucky? BC SY
Here is a Pic of stamps from The Camino de Santiago office in SJPDP and the lady there added a tiny red stamp, not sure if it's an angel. According to the people in that office, it is given to just a few people.
So sorry, have not been on forum for a while so missed your kind offer. For what its worth, my credential looks like this. I will also send the first two pages of the Sellos in next post.
My full name(as appears on Credential) is Lily Fynn.
Hi S Yates, the first 2 pages on my pilgrim passport and the required details in 2nd picture. Thanks again.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

SYates

Camino Fossil AD 1999
Camino(s) past & future
First: Camino Francés 1999
Last: Camino Inglés 2018

Now: http://egeria.house/
Will go up to the office today or tomorrow, will keep you posted! BC SY

OLDER threads on this topic

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 11 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 35 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 114 14.5%
  • May

Votes: 191 24.3%