A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Lost Lost Tin Whistle between Viana and Logrono, April 2018

1946caminoman

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 1999, 2008, 2012, 2018
A bit of a long shot, I know, but I lost my tin whistle between Viana and Logroño in April last year.

I know they are cheap, and it has been replaced, but it was of sentimental value. I bought it in Ireland in July 1984 and had travelled tens of thousands of miles with it over 33 years.

So if any pilgrim found it, its return would be greay appreciated.

Thanks

Jeff Crawley

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Contemplating yet another "final" Camino
but 2019?
I know how you feel having recently lost a cheap and cheerful P38 can opener I've had on my keyring since 1975 - the replacement can never really replace it.
I remember being in the ruins of the Monsegur Cathar castle in France with two Irish friends (and fellow pilgrims) Paula and Therese. It was March and very cold, we had trudged through snow to climb the mountain. Suddenly, from inside the castle keep, came the first, plaintive notes of "Danny Boy" played on a tin whistle.
Paula turned to me and said "She's brought that bloody whistle with her again!"
Time to move on and embrace the ukulele. ;)

Jeff Crawley

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Contemplating yet another "final" Camino
but 2019?
I am travelling with a ukulele this time. Also have a tin whistle with me... the replacement one!
Good man yourself! Keep a tight grip this time - have just settled down to rehearse this week's playlist (uke group) so the first song (Annie's Song - not my choice) is dedicated to you (feel free to jam along) 🎼🎼🎼

Ferenjinan

Camino(s) past & future
Le Puy- Auvillar ( 2018 )
Lisbon- Santiago (2019)

St. Jean Pied a Port - Finisterre 2008
A bit of a long shot, I know, but I lost my tin whistle between Viana and Logroño in April last year.

I know they are cheap, and it has been replaced, but it was of sentimental value. I bought it in Ireland in July 1984 and had travelled tens of thousands of miles with it over 33 years.

Thanks
So sorry about that. Last winter I lost a favourite tin whistle in Tunisia
Was sad.
I've just now finished walking the Portuguese Camino with my Irish flute ( sans heavy wood case) and it's in better shape than I am.
Hope you might have it returned.

timr

Camino(s) past & future
Several and counting...

Thanks
I share your sadness and your loss. April LAST year - and you are still in mourning? Awe. But how lovely to read a thread which has no animosity in it.😉
Things have been getting a little grumpy lately on SOME threads.😩 Tim

Icacos

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2013)

Thanks
I’ve just googled tin whistles. I’m sure I’ve seen and heard them before but I didn’t know much about them; thank you for the opportunity to learn more. If you’ve lost a tin whistle that you’ve had for over 33 years, I can certainly empathize with your feelings of loss. 😢

C clearly

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2012, 2014, 2015, 2016). Seville-Astorga (Mar 2017). Mozarabe (Apr-May 2018)
While I am sorry for your loss, let's hope that someone picks it up and develops a new lasting relationship with it!

OLDER threads on this topic

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 12 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 41 4.0%
  • April

Votes: 153 15.1%
  • May

Votes: 254 25.0%