• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

lourdes and finesterre

pam

pilgrims: planning to start at Lourdes in mid-May; those who have started @ Lourdes, which is 'better' route : to walk down toward Piemont ; Cauterest, Sallent, Col de Peyrelue, Somport and then onto Peunte la Reina OR to walk over to OloronSt. Marie and then down to Somport; what is difference?....next question: from Finesterre, plan to go to Germany: what is best way to get Germany: ...plane? train?
thank you..
[/b]

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
1. not sure I understand the question :) If you cross the Peyrelue to Sallent you are in the Gallego valley and can continue down to Sabinanigo; how (and why!) are you going to get to the Somport from there? There are several threads in this forum on walking from Lourdes, or see http://www.peterrobins.co.uk/camino/routes/lourdes or http://www.peterrobins.co.uk/camino/routes/pyrenees for some links. Basically, the Piemont route to Oloron is low-level foothills; all other passes are much higher than the Somport.

2. Define 'best'! Air Berlin can fly you to Germany from Santiago for very little, but you won't see much of the country if that's your priority.

:shock:
i'm not sure i understand my own question either but i do understand that you are giving me direction to examine threads in this forum on walking from Lourdes and that is valuable information which i will pursue and study now..thank you..from looking at the poor map i have, it looks like i could walk from Lourdes to Piemont and then head over to Puente la Reina only to p/u camino ..i didn't understand that i should continue down to Sabinanigo...now i will look at the information you suggested..
secondly, thank you for tip on Air Berlin..to fly from Santiago to Germany. i'm not sure about #days it will take me to get from Lourdes to Santiago (still working on that) then on to Finesterra..not sure about time availability as want to be in Germany about 7 days if possible. all of this is new for this unseasoned pilgrim...thanks for your responses/suggestions; now trying to sort it out...step by step by step :oops:

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back