• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Lourdes Aug 29-Sept1

manifestdestinyLISA

Hi to Arles Pilgrims or any stopping in Lourdes pre/post camino during Aug 29-sept 1...would love to know if any pilgrims will be in the area and interested in checking these out or has already been there and done that?!
found this:

Visit the Pyrenees

Just 30 minutes south of Lourdes, the town of Argeles-Gazost serves as an entrance to Pyrenees National Park (parc-pyrenees.com), the most visited of France's nine parks. Influenced by the Atlantic and Mediterranean climates, species as diverse as vultures, fox, bears, eagles and marmots live here. Exhibits in the visitor center explore the area's past and present; sheep graze the park's pastures. The park is divided into six districts with 86 villages within its boundaries. Fir and yew forests stretch to almost 6,000 feet above sea level with mugho pines on the higher elevations. Bare snow-capped peaks are visible at the top.

Le Pic du Jer

Overlooking Lourdes, Le Pic du Jer (picdujer.fr) offers a birds-eye view of the village and its surrounding farmlands. The highlight of a visit to the peak is a ride aboard the funicular cable-car to the top. Two cars on opposite ends of the track can carry 80 passengers at one time on the 10-minute trip. At the top, Restaurant Haut de Lourdes serves lunch and snacks with a spectacular view. Join a guided tour of the highest caves in France in July and August, or take in the panoramic view of the region from the observation point. Hike the 1,700-foot change in elevation, allowing two hours each way.

Hope to meet up..and Happy Trails!
Lisa

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum

I've just finished walking Toulouse to Jaca on my pilgrimage from Rome to Santiago which I'm in doing gradually 3 weeks at a time. I spent a lot of time reading the posts about this section and...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back