A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

The big map o the Caminos de Santiago

Lourdes - Somport -Finisterre

Camino(s) past & future
2010 Spring, Tours Route and Camino Frances. Tours to Bordeaux then SJPP to Santiago.
2011 Autumn, Voie de Soulac, Tours Route and Camino Frances. Bordeaux to Bayonne then Dax to SJPP to Finisterre
2013 Summer, Camino Frances. O'Cebreiro to Santiago, then part of Portuguese route.
2014 Autumn, Via De La Plata - Merida to Astorga.
2016 Spring GR 10 and Caimno del Norte

SDM

lucky said:
I'm starting this journey next week could anyone tell me where to get a credential in Lourdes.
Thank you
Paul
Paul,

I walked this year from Lourdes to Santiago to Finisterre to Muxia.

I obtained my Credential (2 days before I started) at the Information Centre at the Basilica. They also gave me information but this was in French (which I do not know ...)

http://www.lourdes-france.org/index.php?goto_centre=ru&contexte=en&id=469

Sarah :arrow:

Alan Pearce

Camino(s) past & future
Aragones 2008, del Norte 2009, VdlP 2011, Ingles 2014, Camino de Madri 2015, Frances 2017
Buen camino Paul

Alan

Be brave. Life is joyous.

Trudy

Camino(s) past & future
(2006) Roncesvalles to Leon (2007) Leon to Compostela
In the Sanctuaries area, just go to the "Forum" information centre and ask for a credencial, it will cost one or two euros. Both the Sanctuaries and the Forum are very easy to find.

Trudy

dutchpilgrim

Camino(s) past & future
2002, 2005, 2008, 2012
Hi, this is the answer I got in 2008:
die credencial is verkrijgbaar in de Informatiedienst van het Heiligdom (gelegen vlak bij het gekroonde beeld op het grote bedevaartplein). Verantwoordelijke ervoor is Mr. Francis Dias, de verantwoordelijke van deze informatiedienst.
meaning: You can get your credencial at the information-service at the main square with the crowned statue.
The day I started in Lourdes, that square was filled with pilgrims to Lourdes. In such a way that I was unable to get to the information-service.
I got my Credencial at Asson, after my first day's walk.

Ultreya,
Carli Di Bortolo

lucky

Thank you for replies will be booking accommodation for first 3 nights today and i'm arriving in Lourdes Tuesday then walking to Asson Wednesday hopefully i'll be able to post some details of the journey on here .Thank you Dutchpilgrim for the maps i hope my French is up to it.
Paul

FatmaG

Paul,

I am probably too late but if you should read this, I recommend you the albergue "La Ruche" (Rue de Pau) in Lourdes - it's only for 'jacobean' pilgrims, very warm welcome, great dinner and beautiful place just above the Sanctuary !

Another place not to miss is Arudy : in priest Pierre's house pilgrims are very welcome.

Bon chemin!

FatmaG

Priscillian

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 1999, Aragones 2000, Desde Le Puy 2002, Portuguese 2009, hoping RDLP 2014
Lucky you. The route from Somport to Oloron is relatively easy, as you no doubt know by now. Then it is up, up, and after Somport, down down. But what beautiful countryside! (if the fog doesn't getcha!) With my recent questionraire (see Miscellaneous and Finsiterre/Muxia threads) I was really surprised to see that only 2% of pilgrims walk the Camino Aragones. And it is so GLORIOUS.
Buen Camino, Paul. Big envies at this end.
Tracy Saunders
http://www.pilgrimagetoheresy.com
http://www.pilgrimagetoheresy.blogspot.com

lucky

This was such a great walk and with some more time to spare i have decided to go again on part of this journey what with the flights being so cheap.I have one question to ask of anyone who has done this walk before.I would like to walk Lourdes- Oloron st marie in 2days instead of stopping at Asson and Arudy does anyone know the accomodation situation in Bruges which is in between Asson and Arudy also i would like to thank forum members Sill, Dutch Pilgrim and Alan Pearce stuff they posted on here was a great help to me last time.
Thank you
Paul

OLDER threads on this topic

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Booking.com

Latest posts

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 11 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 35 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 114 14.5%
  • May

Votes: 191 24.3%