• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Lourdes - Somport -Finisterre

lucky

I'm starting this journey next week could anyone tell me where to get a credential in Lourdes.
Thank you
Paul

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
lucky said:
I'm starting this journey next week could anyone tell me where to get a credential in Lourdes.
Thank you
Paul

Paul,

I walked this year from Lourdes to Santiago to Finisterre to Muxia.

I obtained my Credential (2 days before I started) at the Information Centre at the Basilica. They also gave me information but this was in French (which I do not know ...)

http://www.lourdes-france.org/index.php?goto_centre=ru&contexte=en&id=469

Sarah :arrow:

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
In the Sanctuaries area, just go to the "Forum" information centre and ask for a credencial, it will cost one or two euros. Both the Sanctuaries and the Forum are very easy to find.

Trudy

Hi, this is the answer I got in 2008:
die credencial is verkrijgbaar in de Informatiedienst van het Heiligdom (gelegen vlak bij het gekroonde beeld op het grote bedevaartplein). Verantwoordelijke ervoor is Mr. Francis Dias, de verantwoordelijke van deze informatiedienst.
meaning: You can get your credencial at the information-service at the main square with the crowned statue.
The day I started in Lourdes, that square was filled with pilgrims to Lourdes. In such a way that I was unable to get to the information-service.
I got my Credencial at Asson, after my first day's walk.

Ultreya,
Carli Di Bortolo

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Thank you for replies will be booking accommodation for first 3 nights today and i'm arriving in Lourdes Tuesday then walking to Asson Wednesday hopefully i'll be able to post some details of the journey on here .Thank you Dutchpilgrim for the maps i hope my French is up to it.
Paul

Paul,

I am probably too late but if you should read this, I recommend you the albergue "La Ruche" (Rue de Pau) in Lourdes - it's only for 'jacobean' pilgrims, very warm welcome, great dinner and beautiful place just above the Sanctuary !

Another place not to miss is Arudy : in priest Pierre's house pilgrims are very welcome.

Bon chemin!

FatmaG

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Lucky you. The route from Somport to Oloron is relatively easy, as you no doubt know by now. Then it is up, up, and after Somport, down down. But what beautiful countryside! (if the fog doesn't getcha!) With my recent questionraire (see Miscellaneous and Finsiterre/Muxia threads) I was really surprised to see that only 2% of pilgrims walk the Camino Aragones. And it is so GLORIOUS.
Buen Camino, Paul. Big envies at this end.
Tracy Saunders
http://www.pilgrimagetoheresy.com
http://www.pilgrimagetoheresy.blogspot.com

This was such a great walk and with some more time to spare i have decided to go again on part of this journey what with the flights being so cheap.I have one question to ask of anyone who has done this walk before.I would like to walk Lourdes- Oloron st marie in 2days instead of stopping at Asson and Arudy does anyone know the accomodation situation in Bruges which is in between Asson and Arudy also i would like to thank forum members Sill, Dutch Pilgrim and Alan Pearce stuff they posted on here was a great help to me last time.
Thank you
Paul

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back