• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Lourdes to St Jean Pied de Port

Stacey Wittig

Stand at the crossroads and look
Time of past OR future Camino
Leon-Santiago (2005)
Arles-Toulouse (2006)
St. Jean Pied de Port-Burgos (2008)
Lourdes-Santiago (2015)
Le Puy-Santiago (2016)
Camino Primitivo (2017)
Spiritual & Walking Guides (that's me, Stacey Wittig) just released its latest book: Spiritual & Walking Guide: Lourdes to St Jean Pied de Port. The Camino guide book is today’s most comprehensive spiritual guide for walking from Lourdes to St Jean de Pied Port in France. Order at Amazon by clicking here: http://amzn.to/2cTM0Xt

Many modern pilgrims desire to walk the primitive pilgrimage route from Lourdes to St Jean Pied de Port, France, and beyond onto the Camino Frances. But, until now, few guides have been published in the English language for the Voie du Piémont Pyrénéen sections of the Camino walk.

Order on Amazon by clicking here: http://amzn.to/2cTM0Xt

front-cover.jpg

The three-in-one book incorporates daily devotionals, Bible verses and way guides that will help prepare your heart for a closer walk with God.

Included in the book:
• Maps for wayfinding
• Daily scripture readings – no need to carry a heavy Bible
• Meditations that help you hear God’s direction for your life
• Questions for reflection to make the most of your pilgrimage
• Details about where to sleep, daily distances walked and essential websites
• Insider travel tips
• How to procure a Pilgrim Credential

Here then is a guide ideally suited to you, the pilgrim, who is seeking both spiritual and terrestrial direction while walking the Camino route from Lourdes to St Jean Pied de Port in France.With space to journal thoughts and revelations about your Lourdes pilgrimage, you’ll hold onto this book as a keepsake f
or many years to come.

About the Author
Stacey Wittig is a Spirit-led Christian, who was transformed by the Camino de Santiago experience and now writes about hiking and pilgrimage.

Order on Amazon by clicking here: http://amzn.to/2cTM0Xt

First, one-time, announcement of this, my second book.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Congrats Tracy... light and Love Ingrid
Thanks, Ingrid!
My next project is helping edit the CSJ guide for Camino Primitivo. Can you point me to some sources for historical and cultural info?

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I walked the Piemont route from Lourdes to St Jean Pied de Port in September 2015 with only a French guide book, and I don't speak or understand French! Needless to say, it made the journey at bit more challenging. So I am thrilled about your book and hope to walk the route again this year with your guide book in hand. And what an incredible, beautiful route it is!

Last edited by a moderator:
I walked the Piemont route from Lourdes to St Jean Pied de Port in September 2015 with only a French guide book, and I don't speak or understand French! Needless to say, it made the journey at bit more challenging. So I am thrilled about your book and hope to walk the route again this year with your guide book in hand. And what an incredible, beautiful route it is!
Thanks, Fred!
It is a truly amazing route...glad you are thrilled about my book! Please let me know how it works for you. I'd love to incorporate your suggestions into the next edition. Stay in touch, Stacey Wittig

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Stacey, I have just bought your book. Walking backwards from St Jean to Lourdes this April. I hope it helps!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Are there any plans for the Kindle version of the book?
I generally found ebook versions to be more practical on the Way.

Smurphy, we may well see one another (face to face rather than a backpack profile) as I will be walking from Lourdes to SJPP mid April...
Buen Camino!!

Great Binya. Look forward to seeing you.

Fred, I leave in 2 weeks to walk Lourdes to SJPP and on to Burgos. Any tips about the Lourdes-SJPP trek? I have Stacy's book but do not speak French.

The hard copy of Spiritual & Walking Guide: Lourdes to SJPP is also available on this website at Ivar's book store. Happy shopping!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

Mary Colwell’s new book The Gathering Place: A Winter Pilgrimage Through Changing Times. Why did it make the 2024 shortlist of the best travel books? Several of the books on the shortlist are...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back