A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Lourdes to st jean

Camino(s) past & future
Camino France's 2012
Camino inglese 2017
I was lucky enough to complete the Camino Francais in 2012 and would now like to make a pilgrimage from st Jean to Lourdes. I would be grateful for any advice and recommendation re maps etc. & the best time of year to travel .

Camino(s) past & future
LePuy route (Fall 2018)
I was lucky enough to complete the Camino Francais in 2012 and would now like to make a pilgrimage from st Jean to Lourdes. I would be grateful for any advice and recommendation re maps etc. & the best time of year to travel .
I’m just a few days away from beginning to walk the Piemont Route which will include Lourdes to St. Jean Pied de Port as the the final section. I’d be happy to share my experience if that helps. I expect to be doing the Lourdes to SJDPP portion in October.

Camino(s) past & future
Caminos Madrid, Frances and Finisterre (2015)
Camino Norte-2017; Camino Ingles from A Coruna - 2017
I’m just a few days away from beginning to walk the Piemont Route which will include Lourdes to St. Jean Pied de Port as the the final section. I’d be happy to share my experience if that helps. I expect to be doing the Lourdes to SJDPP portion in October.
If you're feeling inclined to share your experiences that would be great. The Piemont Route is on my (very long) list of possibilities for next year. So many choices, not enough time.

Camino(s) past & future
Frances (1989 and 2016), Portugues - central from Porto (2018 - planned)
If you're feeling inclined to share your experiences that would be great. The Piemont Route is on my (very long) list of possibilities for next year. So many choices, not enough time.
Just a suggestion, but if you are interested in the Piemont Route, you might get more responses from more people by asking about it in the Piemont Route forum (Forums > Routes in France > The Piemont Route) than here in a forum dedicated to the Rota Vicentina in the south of Portugal. Sure some people here may have walked it, but that will be by accident rather than by design as in the other forum.

gypsy9

I walked from Lourdes to SJPP this August—a wonderful Way! The pilgrim office has all you will need in terms of distances route/Albergue’s...two sheets...plus credentials. It is a challenging route —climbs and descents and longer stages, but really fabulous walking —-no need to rush or pre book (unless it gives you peace). Spaces more limited in Asson....
Although longer, I recommend mountain route coming in to SJPP

Loved th gore in mauleon—keys at town hall which took me an hour to find as it is “masked” as a hotel!!

Buen Camino

Camino(s) past & future
LePuy route (Fall 2018)
I’m writing about my walk in a WordPress blog here: dncamino . Wordpress . com. Won’t be at Lourdes for quite a while as start was at Gruissan, France on the Mediterranean coast. At the moment I am in Carcassonne which is on the Arles Way.

Most read today

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Pilgrims here right now

Advertisement
Booking.com

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 8 1.1%
  • February

Votes: 4 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 33 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 107 14.6%
  • May

Votes: 179 24.5%