• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Lourdes to st jean

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino France's 2012
Camino inglese 2017
I was lucky enough to complete the Camino Francais in 2012 and would now like to make a pilgrimage from st Jean to Lourdes. I would be grateful for any advice and recommendation re maps etc. & the best time of year to travel .

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I was lucky enough to complete the Camino Francais in 2012 and would now like to make a pilgrimage from st Jean to Lourdes. I would be grateful for any advice and recommendation re maps etc. & the best time of year to travel .
I’m just a few days away from beginning to walk the Piemont Route which will include Lourdes to St. Jean Pied de Port as the the final section. I’d be happy to share my experience if that helps. I expect to be doing the Lourdes to SJDPP portion in October.

I’m just a few days away from beginning to walk the Piemont Route which will include Lourdes to St. Jean Pied de Port as the the final section. I’d be happy to share my experience if that helps. I expect to be doing the Lourdes to SJDPP portion in October.
If you're feeling inclined to share your experiences that would be great. The Piemont Route is on my (very long) list of possibilities for next year. So many choices, not enough time.

If you're feeling inclined to share your experiences that would be great. The Piemont Route is on my (very long) list of possibilities for next year. So many choices, not enough time.
Just a suggestion, but if you are interested in the Piemont Route, you might get more responses from more people by asking about it in the Piemont Route forum (Forums > Routes in France > The Piemont Route) than here in a forum dedicated to the Rota Vicentina in the south of Portugal. Sure some people here may have walked it, but that will be by accident rather than by design as in the other forum.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I walked from Lourdes to SJPP this August—a wonderful Way! The pilgrim office has all you will need in terms of distances route/Albergue’s...two sheets...plus credentials. It is a challenging route —climbs and descents and longer stages, but really fabulous walking —-no need to rush or pre book (unless it gives you peace). Spaces more limited in Asson....
Although longer, I recommend mountain route coming in to SJPP

Loved th gore in mauleon—keys at town hall which took me an hour to find as it is “masked” as a hotel!!

Buen Camino

I’m writing about my walk in a WordPress blog here: dncamino . Wordpress . com. Won’t be at Lourdes for quite a while as start was at Gruissan, France on the Mediterranean coast. At the moment I am in Carcassonne which is on the Arles Way.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back