• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

'Love, Light & Nature'

• Thread starter Deleted member 73892
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 73892

‚Love, Light & Nature‘ The sign-off I adopted after my second Camino (The Francés)

Love I felt for others, the world around me; the Love people gave me along the Way. Love I witnessed.
Light in peoples eyes and hearts and smile; kind and wise words; the memorable sunrise and sunsets.
Nature in abundance and of immense diversity; insects I‘ve only encountered on Camino; snakes on my path, birds, trees... Strangers helping strangers, the kindness and love in human nature.

I could have adopted ‚Rain, Pain & Blisters‘ as my sign- off, or ‚Vomit, Diarrhea & Bellyache‘, but I wouldn‘t wish those experiences on anyone and they would not be well received, I'm sure.

What would your new sign-off be, considering your Camino experiences?

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
While not an original thought, I can't help but think of the late Steve Jobs and his advice to the graduating class at Stanford when he said "Stay hungry, stay foolish".

I hope I will always hunger to learn more, share more and experience more and I hope that I will always be foolish enough to not take the advice of those who tell me I cannot accomplish, do or be more than I was yesterday...

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
During the Roman empire the aristocracy and soldiers greeting was "Health and Joy" or "Health and Great Joy", which I rather like .. and when asked how I am .. hotel reception etc, I always answer "life is good" (and mean it, deeply).

but - ah .. sign off's? Not quite certain but I think my generic one tends to be "All is Well" but if it is a supportive and/or religious response message I end with "in your heart and home, Peace".

During the Roman empire the aristocracy and soldiers greeting was "Health and Joy" or "Health and Great Joy", which I rather like .. and when asked how I am .. hotel reception etc, I always answer "life is good" (and mean it, deeply).

but - ah .. sign off's? Not quite certain but I think my generic one tends to be "All is Well" but if it is a supportive and/or religious response message I end with "in your heart and home, Peace".
It reminds me of a line from the the Christian religious song... "It is well, it is well with my soul".

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
I'm not sure what a sign-off is but before, during and after I have a HELL of a time!
Hope, go forward with it!
Expectation, leave it behind!
Live, your fullest potential!
Love, give out!
🤠

I LOVE “ In your heart and home, Peace.” Can I borrow that to sign my Christmas cards next year? “ All is well” is also perfect, unless all isn’t well. Of course all is always well in a mystical sense.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I LOVE “ In your heart and home, Peace.” Can I borrow that to sign my Christmas cards next year? “ All is well” is also perfect, unless all isn’t well. Of course all is always well in a mystical sense.

Absolutely! The only thing I ever tried to copyright was the word 'copyright' and that didn't work :D:D:D

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

My sign-in + sign-off every single day since walking through the Baltic States (2017) has been,

I'm alive!

(When anyone asks how I am that's what I say: I am alive! Sometimes I add a resounding, Hallelujah, but this gets a few shocked looks, so mostly i just say, with all the astonishment and gratitude I feel, I Am Alive! That seems to cover it. Without Life there is nothing else)

Last edited:
‚Love, Light & Nature‘ The sign-off I adopted after my second Camino (The Francés)

Love I felt for others, the world around me; the Love people gave me along the Way. Love I witnessed.
Light in peoples eyes and hearts and smile; kind and wise words; the memorable sunrise and sunsets.
Nature in abundance and of immense diversity; insects I‘ve only encountered on Camino; snakes on my path, birds, trees... Strangers helping strangers, the kindness and love in human nature.

I could have adopted ‚Rain, Pain & Blisters‘ as my sign- off, or ‚Vomit, Diarrhea & Bellyache‘, but I wouldn‘t wish those experiences on anyone and they would not be well received, I'm sure.

Not too far off of yours...mine is:

"Travel light
live light
spread the light
BE the light"
...attributed to some wise person

Ultreia!

This sign-off is from our own dear Saint Mike II, who’s undergoing some health challenges at the moment. He says:

“The glass is half-full - feel free to top it up”.

‘Love, Love, LOVE this ...

Cheers from Oz -
Jenny

Note: this post has been posted with Mike’s blessing.

Last edited:
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
"What day is it?" asked Pooh. "It's today," squeaked Piglet. "My favourite day," said Pooh.

I used: "Today; my favourite day" a few years ago as the title to my "live" from the Camino thread. Getting into a Pollyanna mindset comes without effort when I am walking a Camino.

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Back