• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

'Love, Light & Nature'

• Thread starter Deleted member 73892
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 73892

‚Love, Light & Nature‘ The sign-off I adopted after my second Camino (The Francés)

Love I felt for others, the world around me; the Love people gave me along the Way. Love I witnessed.
Light in peoples eyes and hearts and smile; kind and wise words; the memorable sunrise and sunsets.
Nature in abundance and of immense diversity; insects I‘ve only encountered on Camino; snakes on my path, birds, trees... Strangers helping strangers, the kindness and love in human nature.

I could have adopted ‚Rain, Pain & Blisters‘ as my sign- off, or ‚Vomit, Diarrhea & Bellyache‘, but I wouldn‘t wish those experiences on anyone and they would not be well received, I'm sure.

What would your new sign-off be, considering your Camino experiences?

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
While not an original thought, I can't help but think of the late Steve Jobs and his advice to the graduating class at Stanford when he said "Stay hungry, stay foolish".

I hope I will always hunger to learn more, share more and experience more and I hope that I will always be foolish enough to not take the advice of those who tell me I cannot accomplish, do or be more than I was yesterday...

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
During the Roman empire the aristocracy and soldiers greeting was "Health and Joy" or "Health and Great Joy", which I rather like .. and when asked how I am .. hotel reception etc, I always answer "life is good" (and mean it, deeply).

but - ah .. sign off's? Not quite certain but I think my generic one tends to be "All is Well" but if it is a supportive and/or religious response message I end with "in your heart and home, Peace".

During the Roman empire the aristocracy and soldiers greeting was "Health and Joy" or "Health and Great Joy", which I rather like .. and when asked how I am .. hotel reception etc, I always answer "life is good" (and mean it, deeply).

but - ah .. sign off's? Not quite certain but I think my generic one tends to be "All is Well" but if it is a supportive and/or religious response message I end with "in your heart and home, Peace".
It reminds me of a line from the the Christian religious song... "It is well, it is well with my soul".

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I'm not sure what a sign-off is but before, during and after I have a HELL of a time!
Hope, go forward with it!
Expectation, leave it behind!
Live, your fullest potential!
Love, give out!
🤠

I LOVE “ In your heart and home, Peace.” Can I borrow that to sign my Christmas cards next year? “ All is well” is also perfect, unless all isn’t well. Of course all is always well in a mystical sense.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I LOVE “ In your heart and home, Peace.” Can I borrow that to sign my Christmas cards next year? “ All is well” is also perfect, unless all isn’t well. Of course all is always well in a mystical sense.

Absolutely! The only thing I ever tried to copyright was the word 'copyright' and that didn't work :D:D:D

A selection of Camino Jewellery

My sign-in + sign-off every single day since walking through the Baltic States (2017) has been,

I'm alive!

(When anyone asks how I am that's what I say: I am alive! Sometimes I add a resounding, Hallelujah, but this gets a few shocked looks, so mostly i just say, with all the astonishment and gratitude I feel, I Am Alive! That seems to cover it. Without Life there is nothing else)

Last edited:
‚Love, Light & Nature‘ The sign-off I adopted after my second Camino (The Francés)

Love I felt for others, the world around me; the Love people gave me along the Way. Love I witnessed.
Light in peoples eyes and hearts and smile; kind and wise words; the memorable sunrise and sunsets.
Nature in abundance and of immense diversity; insects I‘ve only encountered on Camino; snakes on my path, birds, trees... Strangers helping strangers, the kindness and love in human nature.

I could have adopted ‚Rain, Pain & Blisters‘ as my sign- off, or ‚Vomit, Diarrhea & Bellyache‘, but I wouldn‘t wish those experiences on anyone and they would not be well received, I'm sure.

Not too far off of yours...mine is:

"Travel light
live light
spread the light
BE the light"
...attributed to some wise person

Ultreia!

This sign-off is from our own dear Saint Mike II, who’s undergoing some health challenges at the moment. He says:

“The glass is half-full - feel free to top it up”.

‘Love, Love, LOVE this ...

Cheers from Oz -
Jenny

Note: this post has been posted with Mike’s blessing.

Last edited:
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
"What day is it?" asked Pooh. "It's today," squeaked Piglet. "My favourite day," said Pooh.

I used: "Today; my favourite day" a few years ago as the title to my "live" from the Camino thread. Getting into a Pollyanna mindset comes without effort when I am walking a Camino.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.