• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Love on the Camino

fiddletree

Wow, I haven't posted on this forum in ages...

But just wanted to announce that I am getting married to a fellow pilgrim I met while walking the the Camino de Santiago (the Camino Frances) in 2007! :D

I'm American, and he is Italian; we met about 2 weeks in, walked the rest of the way to Finisterre together, and have managed to keep a very successful relationship going overseas while I went back to the US to go to graduate school. A few months ago, we got engaged, I'm moving to Italy (finally!!) in 3 days, and we will be getting married next summer.

Just a happy story that it is possible to find unexpected love on the Camino (a relationship was certainly the last thing on both of our minds when we started the walk), and that such relationships can work out! Walking the Camino ended up being more life changing, in positive ways, than I ever expected.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Walking the camino May 2009 from SJPP to Burgos my walking companion met her love in Espinal. It was our 3rd day and his 2nd day on the camino. Then we met him and his uncle almost every day all the way to Burgos. And their love was very true when we reached San Juan de Ortega. They have kept in touch all the summer and he flew from Germany to Sweden twice to meet her. Now they are back on the camino together and I suppose they reached Santiago. Lovely.

Gongratulations to you fiddletree!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
How wonderful! How marvellous! I wish you both well - Joy!

... but .. where on earth will you go for your honeymoon? :lol:

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Thanks, y'all!

haha, yeah, a pilgrim wedding would be fun :). I'll let you know if that happens...

It would be really cool if we could walk the Camino again on the honeymoon (we've actually known a few Italian couples do this....), but don't think we'll have time.

It's so strange; I most certainly didn't expect to meet anyone romantically on the Camino, much less the man I would later marry, but I guess it just goes to show that you find love where and when you don't expect! And it was a really fantastic way to start a relationship- as all y'all know, you can get to know people extremely well on such an adventure. Yay! I still can't believe it :D

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.