• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Loving the Journey

Time of past OR future Camino
2013 Astorga to Santiago, 2015 Le Puy to St JPP, 2016 Lisbon to Santiago
(2018) Camino via Arverna
On the CPI now, having a rest day in Chaves. I have Laurie's resource plus a map on my phone. Its quiet, since I left Regua, i have seen only one pilgrim, and that was today, I am loving the journey and very conscious that the Portuguese border is close, will this be the end of the pastries (natas), portugese sausage, sardines,pedras water and very friendly people? Mal

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi Mal, I did this last year and enjoyed both the Portuguese and the Spanish sections. I did find that the marking from Verin to Ourense (on the lower leg of the Sanabrese) was lacking. I hope the local Pilgrim Associations have been out with some yellow paint since then. Enjoy the rest of the way. And i DID miss the pasteles very much! Grace

Hi Mal, I did this last year and enjoyed both the Portuguese and the Spanish sections. I did find that the marking from Verin to Ourense (on the lower leg of the Sanabrese) was lacking. I hope the local Pilgrim Associations have been out with some yellow paint since then. Enjoy the rest of the way. And i DID miss the pasteles very much! Grace

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Grace,
Just woke up, its dark! Its that hour that makes the difference.
Thanks for your advice and notes about this section. I picked up a map from tourist office here in verin which looks quite good, lists the hostels and distances, plus i downloaded a gsies route that i can try out today as well. Stocked up on fruit from the supermarket. So i think i am ready as soon as it hets light! Mal

Grace and others, I have noticed a mistake in my earlier thread, that I want to correct. The resource I am using from Regua on the CPI and further is from gracethepilgrim.
I said it was from Laurie, I did use her notes but this was from Lisbon to Porto.
Mal

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Mal, I hope you are able to stay in Allariz. It’s a beautiful city to wander around, great bars/food and the albergue (seminario) is lovely too. The route is a bit ambiguous from here. Buen Camino, Grace

Mal, I hope you are able to stay in Allariz. It’s a beautiful city to wander around, great bars/food and the albergue (seminario) is lovely too. The route is a bit ambiguous from here. Buen Camino, Grace
Grace, i am now in ourense, stayed last night in the seminario in Allariz, loved it. I am staying 2 nights here. Tonight is my pulpo night and alocal jazz place nearby.
Do you want me to give you any route clues / changes, for your notes., I also understand, that they are best researched and updated by you personally. Thanks for your message
Mal

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back