• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Low Cost Flight from Los Angeles, Fort Lauderdale, Oakland and Newark to Barcelona

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Prices starting from €179,- (one way, taxes included)

Yes, but in the US the problem with Norwegian is that they are very cheap going TO Europe, but make it up coming back.

Iceland Air is often cheaper coming to the US from Europe if you book from North America. Last year I flew to Paris on Norwegian and came back on Iceland Air.

Aer Lingus has cheap flights (approx £209) to North America, if its any help.... I understand there are US immigration checks in Dublin, making Aer Lingus flights to various US cities as "domestic flights" whatever that means... From Dublin to London, it can be very cheap, and Stansted to Biarritz is affordable too, by Ryanair.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Aer Lingus has cheap flights .... I understand there are US immigration checks in Dublin, making Aer Lingus flights to various US cities as "domestic flights" whatever that means...
Aer Lingus had the cheapest fares to Ireland when we went there last year, but the "cheap" fares you see advertised only apply if you're flying directly from one of the hubs like L.A., Chicago, or Newark. If you need a connecting flight from other cities, the price goes up pretty quickly--but this applies to other airlines as well.

As for the US immigration checks at the Dublin airport, that means you clear US customs at the point of departure so when you arrive at the first stop in the US, you don't have to go through the customs lines upon arrival -- just pick up your bags and walk out the door or to your connecting flight. I think, but am not sure, that they do that at the Shannon airport as well. Also, if I recall correctly, it may only apply to US citizens, so if you're traveling on other than a US passport, you can't do the shortcut at Dublin (or Shannon) and must go through customs when you land in the US.

Aer Lingus had the cheapest fares to Ireland when we went there last year, but the "cheap" fares you see advertised only apply if you're flying directly from one of the hubs like L.A., Chicago, or Newark. If you need a connecting flight from other cities, the price goes up pretty quickly--but this applies to other airlines as well.

As for the US immigration checks at the Dublin airport, that means you clear US customs at the point of departure so when you arrive at the first stop in the US, you don't have to go through the customs lines upon arrival -- just pick up your bags and walk out the door or to your connecting flight. I think, but am not sure, that they do that at the Shannon airport as well. Also, if I recall correctly, it may only apply to US citizens, so if you're traveling on other than a US passport, you can't do the shortcut at Dublin (or Shannon) and must go through customs when you land in the US.

Hi

I get regular emails from Aer Lingus as I have used the airline several times and I like the style and service the organization provides...

From what I read and heard from friends and colleagues, both US and non US citizens can usually clear immigration at Dublin and Shannon, as standard... However, like you mentioned, there are instances when the prices do escalate! But Aer Lingus does provide a good service London - Dublin, and, I understand, to the US too, at reaonable costs.

Cheers

G

Most read last week in this forum

I begin my first Camino in mid-May from SJPdP. Due to time constraints related to available PTO, I unfortunately have to skip a few towns along the way if I am to start in SJPdP and end in...
I have just popped my Targeta Dorada (Golden Ticket) in my packing box. They cost €12 and cannot be bought online, but can be renewed online. If journeying too or from the Camino on Spanish trains...
Hi there i'm a first time Camino walker - planning for Sept this year. I have a question if anyone can help. We are going with friends but we can't fly out at the same time so we are going to fly...
Warning for those flying in to France -- there's a strike tomorrow April 25th, which likely will NOT prevent flying in or out of the country on international flights, but is very likely to affect...
Hi everyone! I would greatly appreciate your suggestions for the best summer beaches in Galicia that are easily accessible by car or bus from Santiago de Compostela. Thanks!
A friend due to walk from Sarria to SdC next month is now injured still wants to go along with group walking. Any advice on transport options for him to go from Stage to Stage. All options...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back