Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luarca to Santiago

mdelag

Camino(s) past & future
**CAMINO FRANCES: LEON-SANTIAGO sept. (2015)
**CAMINO FRANCES SJPP-SANTIAGO (2019)
Hi !! I will be walking from Luarca to Santiago this May...I have heard that Camino del Norte is a lot harder than the Camino Frances, and a lot less crowed. I have some days with long distances and other shorter distances, any tips or recommendations are welcome...albergues, hard uphills or downhills...THANKS IN AVANCE FOR YOUR INFORMATION...Buen Camino

amancio

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Frances, Norte, Primit, Salvador, Portug, Arag, Ingles, VdlP, Leban-Vadin, Fisterra, Invierno, LePuy
Great choice! Luarca is a place that will entice you to stay longer! You can follow different alternative paths, the E-9 goes along the coast and is probably more picturesque. You also have different options before Ribadeo, the Camino del Norte is a mesh of caminos at times, but you have chosen a beautiful camino indeed!

mdelag

Camino(s) past & future
**CAMINO FRANCES: LEON-SANTIAGO sept. (2015)
**CAMINO FRANCES SJPP-SANTIAGO (2019)
Great choice! Luarca is a place that will entice you to stay longer! You can follow different alternative paths, the E-9 goes along the coast and is probably more picturesque. You also have different options before Ribadeo, the Camino del Norte is a mesh of caminos at times, but you have chosen a beautiful camino indeed!
Thanks a lot !!! My “plan” is La Colorada, A Caridad and then Ribadeo...we all have a plan and then el Camino, has its ways of changing things a bit...so I’ll enjoy the ride...if you have any tips, feel free to share them :)

amancio

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Frances, Norte, Primit, Salvador, Portug, Arag, Ingles, VdlP, Leban-Vadin, Fisterra, Invierno, LePuy
In Luarca, treat yourself to some stunning fish food in the Barometro restaurant, in the harbour area, the menu del dia is something else (octopus, mussels and noodle soup to die for!)
I could stay in Luarca hours, days, weeks...

trecile

Camino Addict
Camino(s) past & future
Francés (2016 & 2017), Norte (2018), Francés-Salvador-Norte (2019), Portuguese (2019)
The municipal albergue in Tapia de Casariego has the most stunning setting of any albergue on any Camino
I've been on.

Screenshot_20200117-084253_Photos.jpg

Advertisement

Booking.com

Camino Conversations

Camino Conversations

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

Most downloaded Resources

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 56 4.3%
  • April

Votes: 197 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 327 24.9%
  • June

Votes: 95 7.2%
  • July

Votes: 24 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 379 28.9%
  • October

Votes: 158 12.0%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 7 0.5%

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock