• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Lucky New Yorkers!!!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
The food writer has a wonderful way to describe runny eggs in the tortilla de patas:

". . .and slid from the pan while still nervous and yellow in the center."

I love it :)
That phrase actually turned me off to eating tortilla there since I don't like runny egg tortilla. And when I make tortilla I actually enjoy it more the second day when the flavors have blended more.

That phrase actually turned me off to eating tortilla there since I don't like runny egg tortilla. And when I make tortilla I actually enjoy it more the second day when the flavors have blended more.
Have you ever tried raw egg? :D :D :D

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
This is one of the two foods I avoid on the Camino. Anything even close to loose/runny/raw eggs and lemon slices. https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/lemon-aid/
Yes you are right about the lemon slices
We always refuse them in the fizzy water..or in any cold drink

We also keep away from ice cubes!!
Studies have often found them to be contaminated with Salmonella and E Coli.....from the ice making machines ....
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news....especially in temperatures of 40!!!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I don't mind lipstick stain on my cheeks but surely don't like them on a glass. That's why I always drink beer from a bottle opened in front of me. Never got sick (of it). Or lipstick on my cheeks ;) ;) ;)

Yes we are certainly lucky! Thank you for the post. I will be sure to check it out this week and report back to you. I was also going to post the fact that if you come to NYC, and wanted to train for the camino, you can go to The Vessel in Hudson Yards, New York City's newest neighborhood. Since NYC is relatively flat, The Vessel, a basket/honeycomb style structure, is a series of ramps and stairs, would be great for camino training. The Vessel is supposed to be a work of "art", whatever that means.

Buen Camino

Mark

Vessel_CS.0.jpg

Yes we are certainly lucky! Thank you for the post. I will be sure to check it out this week and report back to you. I was also going to post the fact that if you come to NYC, and wanted to train for the camino, you can go to The Vessel in Hudson Yards, New York City's newest neighborhood. Since NYC is relatively flat, The Vessel, a basket/honeycomb style structure, is a series of ramps and stairs, would be great for camino training. The Vessel is supposed to be a work of "art", whatever that means.

Buen Camino

Mark

View attachment 61801

In Spain (Andoain, Basque) people don't train for Camino at all. Instead they use outdoor escalators. You can see three of them on the same street in this photo:

0127-escalators on La Salle Hiribidea in Andoain (Hernani-Tolosa, 23.05.2016).JPG

:D :D :D

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
You're not the only one. I'd never seen such a thing. And in Vitoria, too.
So great for elders, tired pilgrims, and those of us who are not averse to a little play from time to time...

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Not really surprising about the lemon wedges served with drinks.

On the other hand, there were some published reports a few years ago regarding the use of freshly squeezed lemon juice in combatting cholera in food.

Handwashing seems to be an onerous chore for many.

Yes you are right about the lemon slices
We always refuse them in the fizzy water..or in any cold drink

We also keep away from ice cubes!!
Studies have often found them to be contaminated with Salmonella and E Coli.....from the ice making machines ....
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news....especially in temperatures of 40!!!
The ice won't be at 40 degrees C it will be at 0.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back