• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Lugage storage in SJPP

crazy-woman

Hello,
I am coming from Australia, in April '11 and want to start my walk in SJPP.
I will walk with my day pack, and need to leave my 75 litre pack ( for 6 months of travelling after the walk) somewhere in SJPP, and come back for it after the walk.
I have seen many postings re posting parcels to Santiago, but don't want to do this ( lg heavy bulky pack ).
Any suggestions? Has anyone left their bag ?
aussie grumpy old woman, Sept '10

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hello Crazy, grumpy, old Aussie woman!
I think this is a first for this forum! I've never read of anyone else wanting to store their pack in St Jean! Cars and bicycles, yes - but not backpacks.
April can be brrrrrrrrrrr... freezing, with snow, blizzards and freezing rain. You might need more than a day pack to carry your thermals and rain gear!
Perhaps you could send your bag ahead to Sarria (or thereabouts) collect it from the Correos and then post it back to yourself to St Jean!
I'm looking forward to hearing better suggestions!

Perhaps you could leave it at a hotel/hostel in SJPP. If you have a place booked in advance there, maybe you could email and ask about the possibility of leaving your pack there for a month.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Thank you both. Seems like it isn't a good idea to leave my pack at SJPP ( can't find suitable accomodation there, other than a 275E hotel next to Cathedral despite trying dozens of accomodation web sites) so wonder whether I should leave it in Pamploma and then get the bus up to SJPP to start the walk.
Sounds like it will be cold !! Yuck. But need to walk starting the end of April.

There are lots of lovely B&Bs where you could book accommodation.
Try our forum member Tim at http://www.errecaldia.com contact Tim at tim@errecaldia.com

Or these hostels:

Monsieur BONHOMME
21, rue d' Espagne
12 Euro
gite@bonhomme.net
http://www.votregite.com

Lucien HURMIC
55 rue de la Citadelle
8 Euro
caminopa@hotmail.com

Jean Marie MAILHARRO
Place du trinquet
jeanmarie.mailharro@wanadoo.fr

Guillaume LOPEPE
13, bis rte Maréchal Harispe
giteguill.lopepe@gmail.com
http://www.gite-zazpiak-bat.com

Isabelle BONNAILLIE
17 chemin de Kurutchamendy
stjeanpdp@valvvfvillages.fr
http://www.vvfvillages.fr

Its worth a try!

Dear not so crazy grumpy Aussie woman,

If you do find some luggage storage could you please let us know. My husband and I are planning to walk from Le Puy to SJPP next June/July and then travel throughhout France after the walk. As you say, it is a long way from Australia and we also would like to maximise our time o/s. We walked from SJPP to Santiago in 2009 and absolutely loved it, you will have the BEST time, meet great people and see some amazing things. After walking for about 5 weeks we then spent a further 4 weeks traveling through Europe, it was in Rome that I decided that my hiking gear had to be replaced by different clothing and bought some lovely dresses but do not really want to have to resort to this again if we can send some of our 'real clothes' to the end point of our walk!
We can absolutely recommend Erracaldia in SJPP and Tim is a great host, we spent 2 very comfortable nights there before beginning our walk.
All the best
Tracey

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back