Search 57,387 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
how to successfully prepare for your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.
Rent a house in Santiago (1 month minimum)
300m from the cathedral and around the corner from the fresh food market in Santiago. Perfect place to tele commute from (1GB symmetrical connection).

Luggage Question

sweet-disposition

Past OR future Camino
I will be walking my first Camino (Frances) summer 2017.
Hi everyone,

I'm starting my Camino in early June this summer but after my Camino I have plans to volunteer in Bosnia.. This being said, I need to bring a small carry on suitcase for the latter part of my trip.

I was wondering if anyone knows if there are lockers or hold stations for luggage in Santiago or how else to go about this situation? I am hoping to be able to leave my luggage there and pick it up at the end of my Camino.

Thank you!

A Quest of St. James, Tommy Ray, Book Cover, Image
Come follow the vivid imagery of this life-changing adventure.
Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery
D

Deleted member 43985

You are in luck...! Ivar, who runs this forum, offers the best luggage storage option (IMO) in SDC. You can mail your suitcase to him (most post offices seem to know his address by heart) and either pick it up. In SDC or for a few Euros he will deliver it anywhere in the old city! We used his service and it was easy and efficient. Just look at the Camino Resources section on this page!
Wishing you a Buen Camino and good luck in Bosnia,
Jordon

Last edited by a moderator:

Gareth Griffith

Past OR future Camino
SJPdP to Santiago de Compestela in May(2016)
I can recommend this solution too. However, his office does take a tiny bit of finding even using modern technological aids and asking the locals within about 100 metres of his office drew blanks. He will email you confirmation that he's received your package. A genuinely nice guy.

trecile

Camino Addict
Past OR future Camino
Francés (2016 & 2017), Norte (2018), Francés-Salvador-Norte (2019), Portuguese (2019)
Another option from Saint Jean Pied de Port is Express Bourricot. You just take your suitcase to their office, which I believe is near the Pilgrims office, and they will take it to Santiago, where they have an arrangement with a hotel to store it in their luggage storage room. The cost includes the transport of the luggage and the storage.
http://www.expressbourricot.com/luggage-transport/

Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads