A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Question

Camino(s) past & future
I will be walking my first Camino (Frances) summer 2017.
Hi everyone,

I'm starting my Camino in early June this summer but after my Camino I have plans to volunteer in Bosnia.. This being said, I need to bring a small carry on suitcase for the latter part of my trip.

I was wondering if anyone knows if there are lockers or hold stations for luggage in Santiago or how else to go about this situation? I am hoping to be able to leave my luggage there and pick it up at the end of my Camino.

Thank you!

Advertisment

jozero

Oh... That's what the shell is for...
Camino(s) past & future
CF January 2013
CF April 2016
CF January 2018
CP Coastal September 2018
You are in luck...! Ivar, who runs this forum, offers the best luggage storage option (IMO) in SDC. You can mail your suitcase to him (most post offices seem to know his address by heart) and either pick it up. In SDC or for a few Euros he will deliver it anywhere in the old city! We used his service and it was easy and efficient. Just look at the Camino Resources section on this page!
Wishing you a Buen Camino and good luck in Bosnia,
Jordon

Last edited:
Camino(s) past & future
SJPdP to Santiago de Compestela in May(2016)
I can recommend this solution too. However, his office does take a tiny bit of finding even using modern technological aids and asking the locals within about 100 metres of his office drew blanks. He will email you confirmation that he's received your package. A genuinely nice guy.

Camino(s) past & future
Aug-Sept(2016) SJPDP-Finisterre, July-Aug(2017) SJPDP-Muxia-Finisterre, July-Aug(2018) El Norte
Another option from Saint Jean Pied de Port is Express Bourricot. You just take your suitcase to their office, which I believe is near the Pilgrims office, and they will take it to Santiago, where they have an arrangement with a hotel to store it in their luggage storage room. The cost includes the transport of the luggage and the storage.
http://www.expressbourricot.com/luggage-transport/

Advertisment

OLDER threads on this topic

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 8 1.1%
  • February

Votes: 4 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 32 4.6%
  • April

Votes: 106 15.2%
  • May

Votes: 172 24.7%