• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Luggage shipping by mail from Pamplona to Santiago

Caique

Time of past OR future Camino
September(2015)
Hola Pilgrins!

Im starting my walk in september from Pamplona, but after my pilgrimage im going to Ireland for 2 months to study, so obviously i'll need to take a luggage with me from Brazil and send it to Santiago when i arrive in Pamplona.
Someone here already done this before , and have any tips for me?
what is the best way to send it ? it is safe?

Buon camino!!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Ivar's luggage storage service is recommended.;) The other possibility is the postal service (Correos), yet you'll have to check how long they'll keep your luggage in the Santiago post office (before they return the parcel to Pamplona :eek:)

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Question: isn't Ivar's just a storage service and you still have to use postal service to get it to him?

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Thank you Ivar!! Can I also send a small suitcase from Pamplona?

In the fall of 2015 we had trouble sending a suitcase from Pamplona to Ivar. It was too big (long story but was given to us by the airlines when they destroyed our duffle.) It needed to fit on the scale and they wanted it wrapped or put in a box. We ended up paying Jaco Trans to take it to Santiago. Maybe Ivar can provide more info on the size issue.

Thanks Susan, I hope Ivar can give clarity. We plan very small suitcases though. How much dit Jaco asked to send your suitcase?

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
You will be fine with a small suitcase....and I'm sure that Ivar can give you more information. His service is wonderful and I have used it a couple of times. He will even deliver to where you are staying in Santiago; such a luxury to have your bag there when you arrive.
I can't remember how much we paid Jaco Trans as I would have paid anything to get rid of that huge suitcase (Thank you American Airlines.) To give you a laugh, here we are in front of the Pamplona Post Office with "Big Red" after they refused to take her. I'm on the phone with Jaco Trans negotiating.

IMG_0300.JPG

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Thank you Ivar!! Can I also send a small suitcase from Pamplona?
Hi there,

Yes, no problem. It needs to be locked and wrapped (kitchen wrap from the supermarket works) or boxed. If it is a small carry on, it might fit in the larges box they sell at the post office.

Buen camino!
Ivar

In the fall of 2015 we had trouble sending a suitcase from Pamplona to Ivar. It was too big (long story but was given to us by the airlines when they destroyed our duffle.) It needed to fit on the scale and they wanted it wrapped or put in a box. We ended up paying Jaco Trans to take it to Santiago. Maybe Ivar can provide more info on the size issue.
I don't remember the size limit at the post office, but I am getting many large (to me they are large at least) :) suitcases every year, so if your case is a "normal" large suitcase you should be fine. Not sure why they did not want to take @Susan Peacock 's case..might be the person at the counter that just did not "get it"... or maybe it was just very large.. not sure..

Added later: Ohh... I see the suitcase above.. that suitcase does not look that big... but it would have needed to be wrapped in something... (as I said, some plastic around the middle with an address label under the plastic would be ideal).

JacoTrans also works :)

Buen Camino!
Ivar

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Yes, I will store it, but you need to mail it to me. The people at the post office in Pamplona "know me", I get a lot of parcels from there. More on my service here:
https://www.caminodesantiago.me/luggage-storage-in-santiago-de-compostela/

Buen Camino!
Ivar
Ivar I will be posting my bag to you from Pamplona . t is a high sierra bag http://www.highsierra.com.au/index....ffle-range/74cm-composite-wheeled-duffle.html I hope this is Ok to send by Correos, I will take plastic wrap with me

27th July
Like Caique I am coming to VDLP from afar (Australia). Kick off is 1st September . Afterwards ( ? mid Oct) probably go on to UK.
I will be packing light . Afterwards will need some decent clothes plus jacket.
Link to Ivar is "404" / forbidden.
Can I be advised what to do ?
Thanks
Iain : Canberra (Oz)
P.S. How do I find this thread again -I'm a complete newbie to this.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
27th July
Like I said I'm a newbie
No need to reply : clicked on "Casa Ivar" and now know what to do.
Iain

Correos also offers its Paq Peregrino service, where your parcel will wait for you beyond the standard time non-pilgrim parcels are kept: www.correos.es

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
I have been planning to return and rejoin the path from Leon next week. ( Main route) I am wondering whether it might be better to wait until later in April to rejoin the path, my hope is to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back