• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Luggage storage for St. Olavs

TheSwanderers

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances SJPDP to Santiago (2019)
Camino Finisterre/Muxia (2019)
Hello all,

This is my first time posting so I hope it appears in the correct forum.

My wife and I just completed our first Camino at the end of June (Camino Frances), and we took advantage of the storage service that Ivar provides in Santiago for unnecessary items on our Camino that we would need in later travels around Europe. We now have the itch to keep walking and are planning on walking the Saint Olav’s route from Sundsvall to Trondheim starting in late July through August. We were wondering if anyone is aware of a similar luggage/package storage option in Trondheim?

Currently our packs are too heavy and we are looking for ways to lighten the load without shipping things back to the US. I have done some quick google searches but have had little luck.

Thank you for any advice you can provide.
-Andy

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
You might want to contact one of the regional pilgrim centres. Maybe they provide storage service themselves, and if not, should know if there is such a service.

Last year (2018) I posted a package to the hotel where I was meeting with my wife in Trondheim. It ended up being held at the local post office, where we collected it a couple of days after I arrived.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Thank you @Purky and @dougfitz. I have sent an email to the pilgrims office in Trondheim and will update the thread with their response.

Doug,
Did you just address the package to yourself at the hotel address, or did you address the package in a manner similar to “general delivery”? Do you recall what the post office charged to hold the package for the duration of your trip?

Thank you,
Andy

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back