• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Luggage storage in Lisbon

Louis Lloyd

Time of past OR future Camino
2018 French SJPP to Fisterra and Muxia completed
2020 Portuguese from Lisbon
2020 French
We are arriving into Lisbon next April and walking to Santiago. Returning to Lisbon a month later and then doing a driving holiday around Portugal. We wish to bring over from Australia a suitcase with the additional gear we will need for the driving holiday. Is there anywhere we may store the suitcase while on the Camino?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Ask your hotel if they would store it for you. I was in a guesthouse in Porto whose owner said she's used to storing the suitcases of guests doing the Camino

Ask your hotel if they would store it for you. I was in a guesthouse in Porto whose owner said she's used to storing the suitcases of guests doing the Camino
Thanks yes that is an option though not sure if we will be in a hotel before we leave Lisbon

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
We are arriving into Lisbon next April and walking to Santiago. Returning to Lisbon a month later and then doing a driving holiday around Portugal. We wish to bring over from Australia a suitcase with the additional gear we will need for the driving holiday. Is there anywhere we may store the suitcase while on the Camino?

Hi, Louis Lloyd,
There have been some recent discussions of this topic — https://www.caminodesantiago.me/com...ycle-carrier-bag-in-lisbon.63726/#post-772264

Leaving it with the hotel is the easiest and probably very economical in the long run, but the airport and the place jungleboy recommends are options too. Bom caminho! Laurie

I had a look at the storage option in Lisbon and its very expensive. Best option is to ask your hotel for storage.

Most read last week in this forum

I would like to walk the river route in Tui next month. I can see on google maps exactly where it starts, but it seems a bit overgrown. Has anybody used this route this year or last year...
Hello, my friend of 50+ years and I are on our first Camino walk. We are looking for: 1) safe, comfortable hostels in Lisbon; 2) stages from Lisbon to Porto (via Tomar) in about 16 days...
Hi I have searched everywhere to see if there is a luggage service from Lisbon to Porto. I know there is from Porto to Santiago, but Lisbon ???. Thanks for any info.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back