• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Luggage storage in Paris?

AussieJan

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2012
Via de la Plata 2013
Chemin le Puy (2015 hopefully)
Just wondering if anyone knows a reasonably priced luggage storage depot in Paris. We leave Paris (after flying in from Australia) on Aug 31st to travel to Le Puy and begin walking towards SJPDP. Need to leave a bag for the duration of the walk.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi, depends if you’re actually staying in Paris or not, but I have occasionally booked a hotel to stay at on arrival, with written (email) confirmation from them beforehand that I can leave a bag behind next morning. On returning, I stay one night at the hotel again. It works if you’ll be staying in the town / city anyway, with possibly no left luggage fee at all. Jill

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I've used the hotel storage (at Hotel Welcome). It seems they don't have an actual luggage lock-up, but use the maid's closet or somesuch. So security of the bag is somewhat precarious. I have also used Blue Marble; I shipped a bag to them and picked it up at the end of the trip.

Hello,

Had a good personal experience with Hotel Ibis Style Paris Bercy. They run a well managed luggage room. But I have used it for one day only. Not too far from Gare de Lyon. You could ask them your question in English if you are interested.

I've had good experiences with hotels in both Paris and Bayoone. Asked when booking if I could leave a bag for four weeks and got responses that made it seem like an unexceptional request.

If you learn the cost of such services, could you post them here? I remember the prices as too high for someone who was hiking for weeks, more suitable for someone looking for very short term storage.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Blue Marble is very responsive and will provide a quote rapidly. The individual there when I picked up our suitcase was bilingual, so an email in English will work nicely. Because we flew into Lyon, not Paris, Blue Marble arranged to pick up our bag in Le Puy and to transport it to Paris and to then store it. The office is close to two Metro stations but is a bit hard to find. I asked for help from a man who lived in this quartier and he was himself challenged, momentarily, to locate the office. We left our bag there for about 17 days. They do have office hours and days when they are not open, so if you can persuade a hotel to hold your luggage until you return, that option would be cheaper and your luggage would be conveniently ready for you right at the hotel at your time of arrival. I'm sorry, but I do not remember the total cost involved, but I do recall that the Le Puy-Paris pickup and transport accounted for most of the cost and thinking that the storage cost was quite reasonable.

In 2013 Blue Marble also had apartments for rent in Paris, maybe worth a look if you haven't booked your accomodations yet.

Hi, depends if you’re actually staying in Paris or not, but I have occasionally booked a hotel to stay at on arrival, with written (email) confirmation from them beforehand that I can leave a bag behind next morning. On returning, I stay one night at the hotel again. It works if you’ll be staying in the town / city anyway, with possibly no left luggage fee at all. Jill
Can you tell me the name of the hotel you used, and if it is near Gare Montparnasse? We will be staying one night outbound but want to return for four or five days after our journey. Thanks!

Can you tell me the name of the hotel you used

I have left a bag at several hotels in several towns at different times, but never in Paris; sorry if I had implied that! Just ask any hotel, before booking, if it is possible.
Jill

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

We commenced walking the Via Podiensis on Saturday 13th April 2024. We are from Australia and find it easier to bring our stuff for the Camino in a suitcase, as we have extra clothes for before...
A special thank you to Dave Whitson for his shortcuts on the GR 65. We had a beautiful day walking by the river Lot into Cahors instead of the regular route. It takes a lot of work to create...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back