• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Luggage Storage in Santiago

ktx

Time of past OR future Camino
We arrive in SJPP in less than two weeks and are planning to have our luggage sent to Ivar for storage. I have sent Michael 3 emails to confirm he is able to receive our luggage, but have had no response. I'm not sure if my emails are reaching him - I see others have had similar problems. Any suggestions on how to reach him? I'm tempted to send our bags to the posted address using Send My Bags and hope someone is there to receive them.....

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Ktx. We are still able to receive your package, but I am not receiving your emails. I’m not sure what the problem is there, but rest assured that someone will be here to receive your luggage.

Ktx. We are still able to receive your package, but I am not receiving your emails. I’m not sure what the problem is there, but rest assured that someone will be here to receive your luggage.
Great news - thanks so much

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
My friend is working on an injury. So, the question is what happens if a person goes home before you reach Santiago, to there package. What happens if a person reaches Santiago and their package has not yet arrived?

My friend is working on an injury. So, the question is what happens if a person goes home before you reach Santiago, to there package. What happens if a person reaches Santiago and their package has not yet arrived?
I can't answer your first question, but when I mailed my suitcase to Ivar from Irun with Correos I received notification the very next day that it had already been delivered!

@ivar - a recent post on the Camigas group on Facebook pointed out that casaivar.com no longer has a link to the luggage storage operation.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi @Hammockhanger
I’m pretty sure that Michael of @wisepilgrim now looks after the luggage storage.
See his response in this thread. #2. Scroll up.
It appears emails are not getting through but he is still receiving luggage. I’d suggest you therefore try contacting him by private msg here on forum to discuss.

That’s assuming you sent it there.
In my case ., I had sent a small parcel from Madrid on March 2, 2020 to my reservation in Santiago. They agreed to hold it until my scheduled arrival. However when state of emergency kicked in last March 14… I had to head home to Oz.
I contacted my booked Accom ‘San martín Pinario’ in sdc and they confirmed they would keep it for me.
It had little value and it’s still there. I was just about to advise them that I no longer needed it stored. It might be another 6 mths before Australian borders open internationally.. I’m hoping anyway.

If your package is needed at home - you could possibly contact whoever is storing it for you and pay them to arrange post back to you.

Good luck with it
Annie

Most read last week in this forum

70+ year old, 5 ft. tall, 110 lb. female hiking the full Northern Route (del Norte). My goal is to carry no more than 12 pounds/5.44 kg. Ideally, I'd like to carry less. I'm planning to use a...
Has anyone tried wearing sun sleeves? Seems they might be good for protection from the sun while also perhaps forgoing the need for a long-sleeve shirt? My concern is whether or not the fit is...
Sorry if this seems trivial, but I leave in 26 days for my first Camino (Frances). I’m finalizing my backpack items figuring what makes the honored Final Cut. Question: I was gonna bring a...
I usually wear Motion Control, but thought I might try something new this year. What are YOUR favorites, and why?
Does anyone have any experience with getting a custom rain cover for an Osprey pack? After 4 different caminos I am now grappling with using my rain suit which I prefer vs a poncho because my...
I walked the Camino Portuguese in September 2023 and loved the experience. I'm looking forward to my next Camino sometime in 2025. Although I didn't need a blanket on the Portuguese, I'm...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.