• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Luggage Storage Questions

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
Dear all,

I have set up this section of the forum for questions related to the Luggage Storage I offer in Santiago. Hopefully this section will get populated with some questions and answers, and this way future pilgrims can get their questions answered by just reading this section. At least that is the idea, let's see how it goes.

For more on this service, have a look here:
http://www.casaivar.com/luggage-storage-in-santiago-de-compostela/

Buen camino!
Ivar

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I will have the first question.

It is my understanding that any post office in Spain (easier to ship when in Spain) will send luggage to you. Is there also a special Pilgrim's rate? I read it someplace, but not sure.

We will be sending a suitcase in Sept to you, from Barcelona.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I will have the first question.

It is my understanding that any post office in Spain (easier to ship when in Spain) will send luggage to you. Is there also a special Pilgrim's rate? I read it someplace, but not sure.

We will be sending a suitcase in Sept to you, from Barcelona.
Hi there,

Let's start a new thread for each new question. I have answered your here:
https://www.caminodesantiago.me/com...ecial-pilgrims-rate-at-the-post-office.45714/

Buen camino!
Ivar

Hi! I have a question about the storage service. I am studying here in Europe and hoping to walk a week of the camino in June. Is is secure to leave my laptop with my suitcase for storage? Also to store a carry-on suitcase and backpack - would that be the price of two large boxes?

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Is is secure to leave my laptop with my suitcase for storage?
I have never had any problems during the years I have offered this service.. but laptops and expensive content always makes me nervous. Especially if you are mailing it to me since it might get damages on the way. But I will store what you send me/drop off.

Also to store a carry-on suitcase and backpack - would that be the price of two large boxes?
Most likely yes (it goes by size).

I have read various questions from people asking about the rules on sending in items from outside Spain - either from within the EU (usually France) or outside it. Can you clarify that please? Thanks Ivar, and hope you, Mrs Ivar and the baby are well.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Embarking on the Camino next week (hopefully!), and plan on sending a package to you @ivar for storage. We should be in Santiago as early as March 3rd, as late as March 5th, Palm Sunday. Will the shop be open before we leave on Monday, March 6th?

I´m sending you a suitcase from Le Puy using SendmyBag. How do I pay for the storage?

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Thanks Ivar

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
How does the process goes? Should I contact Ivar before sending my luggage? Where should I pay in casaivar website?

How does the process goes? Should I contact Ivar before sending my luggage? Where should I pay in casaivar website?
You don't have to, we store what we receive.. you pay for the storage when you pick it up.

Please get in touch before you would like to pick up since we are not in the office every day now (this will change for next year). This year (2021) it would be best to get in touch and make an appointment for pickup.

Buen camino!
Ivar

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hey Ivar, trying this chat because I sent u my muchila and i cant seem to get answer anywhere and in a real hurry.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Can I leave a backpack with you while I travel in Portugal for three weeks, I am in Santiago atm?

Can I leave a backpack with you while I travel in Portugal for three weeks, I am in Santiago atm?
Hi there,

Yes, of course.. no problem. It is possible to drop off in persona as well. Just come by during our hours.

When you get here the door will be shut, but ring the doorbell on the blue door to the right and I will be right down.

More here: https://casaivar.com/opening-hours/

Buen Camino!
Ivar

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I will be walking the Camino Portugues in October 2023. Noted on your page at https://casaivar.com/opening-hours/ that you only list luggage storage service through September 2023.

Are there other storage services in Santiago de Compostela that are available for storing luggage after September?

Thank you!

You can also send it to yourself at the Santiago de Compostela post office, to be collected.

Just watch out, they only hold it for a month maximum and so that is where Ivar's is better for longer times (probably always better).

Also watch that you don't arrive in the weekend because the post office will be closed.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
You can also send it to yourself at the Santiago de Compostela post office, to be collected.

Just watch out, they only hold it for a month maximum and so that is where Ivar's is better for longer times (probably always better).

Also watch that you don't arrive in the weekend because the post office will be closed.
Thank you for the great suggestion and tip.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi Ivar, when i arrive in Santiago i will be there for approx 2 days before i walk to Finnisterre and Muxia. I have already forwarded 3 or 4 items to you for storage. Can i collect these items, sort my stuff and put my case back into storage until my return from the end of the earth? Extra charge or simply a continuation of initial lodgement fee? Russell Dunn

Hi Ivar, when i arrive in Santiago i will be there for approx 2 days before i walk to Finnisterre and Muxia. I have already forwarded 3 or 4 items to you for storage. Can i collect these items, sort my stuff and put my case back into storage until my return from the end of the earth? Extra charge or simply a continuation of initial lodgement fee? Russell Dunn
In case @ivar doesn't see your message you should send an email to luggage@casaivar.com

Sorry for the late reply. Yes, feel free to come by and "re-organize" your things. No extra charge.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum

Does Ivan's place close for siesta or dinner? Trying to sort how to get my stored luggage and I know places close in Spain even when their doors say the hours they are open. Are we supposed to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.