• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Luggage transfer along the coastal route

Elbé

Time of past OR future Camino
Portugese coastal route (2019)
Does anyone know of a company that does luggage transfers on the Portugese coastal route? I have only found companies operating on the Central route.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I could not see Tui Trans operating on the Coastal Route. It would be great if they do, because they seem to be fairly cheap.

Yes Tuitrans are good. But from Galicia you can use Oficina de Correos who charge 4€ per stage if you go all the way to Santiago or 5€ for one off stages.

Do you know if Tui and Caminofacil pick up and deliver all along the coastal route or just main villages? We plan on breaking up stages.
Also you you know the cost per bag/per day?
Does the Portugal postal service have a Camino shipping system to Santiago like Spain?

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Although I cannot confirm it because I won’t be on the Camino until October, I sent an email to Tuitrans and received the following reply from them.

“The price stage by stage depends of the kilometers. For example, from Esposende to Viana do Castelo the price of the service is 8€ (the price is different if you only want one stage or if you want all stages)

If you are interested in service, you can send us your itinerary (with accommodations and dates), the full name of the person who is in booking accommodations and a phone number in case we need to contact with you.”

I would be interested in hearing how you arrange your baggage transport!

We aren’t booking ahead except the day before. It sounds like it can get expensive. I think we might send a box of unnecessary stuff from the post office in Terminal 1 in Madrid to Santiago for 26 euros and pick it up at the end. We fly from MAD to Porto so we can lighten our load. (We’ve been traveling for a few months so we have non Camino stuff in our packs.)

Hello everyone,
I'm a newbie to this forum and all things Camino, but I would like to also know what companies do luggage transfer. We are doing the central route from Porto to Santiago, single nights along the way except for Tui, this is our rest night. Thanks for any replies. Btw, we will have all our accommodation booked in advance, if this helps.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hello everyone,
I'm a newbie to this forum and all things Camino, but I would like to also know what companies do luggage transfer. We are doing the central route from Porto to Santiago, single nights along the way except for Tui, this is our rest night. Thanks for any replies. Btw, we will have all our accommodation booked in advance, if this helps.
Caminofacil does the Central and the Coastal Portuguese routes, as well as the Camino Frances. , you can send them your accommodation list, and pay in advance. Works flawlessly.

Most read last week in this forum

Doing research for my upcoming Camino, I want to connect from coastal to central in Caminha. According to JB the ecopista is pleasant along the river, but I notice Stingy Nomads recommend the...
Will be walking the CP in Aug/Sep with planning clearly focused to staying (for the most part) on the Litoral. However, (using Brierley's Guide) the stage from A Ramallosa to Vigo sets up quite a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back