• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Luggage transfer and other ?? Due to Camino jitters

MaggieQYogini

Time of past OR future Camino
End of May to June, 2020
Hi, I’ll be arriving in Paris on May 25,2022. Start waking from SJPD on 5/30. Got major jitters!!!!!!😩😩
1) Any other pilgrims will be in Paris the same dates?? (5/25-5/27).

2) I’d like to ship a small suitcase from SJPD to a midpoint city/ town. Doable?? What service company ? Which city/ town would you recommend ?

17 days left before I leave Los Angeles. Even though my mind and body have been preparing for my first Camino France, I find myself full of anxiety, overthinking and seems lost— all the info seems all mixed up in my head! It doesn’t with the stress level help trying to finish work life at the same time.

I’m rambling now. Sorry. So main question is HOW and where to ship my luggage from SJPD to a mid point city. 🙏🙏🙏

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Hi, I’ll be arriving in Paris on May 25,2022. Start waking from SJPD on 5/30. Got major jitters!!!!!!😩😩

2) I’d like to ship a small suitcase from SJPD to a midpoint city/ town. Doable?? What service company ? Which city/ town would you recommend ?

17 days left before I leave Los Angeles. Even though my mind and body have been preparing for my first Camino France, I find myself full of anxiety, overthinking and seems lost— all the info seems all mixed up in my head! It doesn’t with the stress level help trying to finish work life at the same time.

I’m rambling now. Sorry. So main question is HOW and where to ship my luggage from SJPD to a mid point city. 🙏🙏🙏
Jitters are common, once you are walking you will be fine.

Post your extra luggage to yourself, care of the main post office in what ever city you choose. Sahagún is the official mid-point.

In Spain it is easy, mention that you are a pilgrim and get a great rate but I don't know how it works from St. Jean.

Why do you want your extra luggage at the middle?

Ivar, who runs this forum offers a luggage storage service in Santiago de Compostela (check the forum menu) or post to the post office in SdC. I have done both from within Spain and it worked well.

I’d like to ship a small suitcase from SJPD to a midpoint city/ town. Doable?? What service company ? Which city/ town would you recommend ?

Good news is that Correos have the service(s) you need. Either their rucksack transfer or simple parcel post. (I tend to use parcel post if I need to do something like this)

Bad news is SJPP is in France so you'd need to get the parcel to Spain. And if you check the link above you can book the parcel from accommodation in Valcarlos or Roncevalles. Perhaps you can ask Express Bourricot (https://www.expressbourricot.com/) to take it over to your accommodation there.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Jitters are common, once you are walking you will be fine.

Post your extra luggage to yourself, care of the main post office in what ever city you choose. Sahagún is the official mid-point.

In Spain it is easy, mention that you are a pilgrim and get a great rate but I don't know how it works from St. Jean.

Why do you want your extra luggage at the middle?

Ivar, who runs this forum offers a luggage storage service in Santiago de Compostela (check the forum menu) or post to the post office in SdC. I have done both from within Spain and it worked well.
It’s because I got this goofy idea of switch out some clothes mid point and enjoy some of my fav snacks brought from home. My first Camino, all sorts of crazy ideas in my head. 😳😩🤣😎

Maybe you’re overthinking things. The food in Spain is readily available and very fine. Lots of shops and grocery stores. Charming bars and restaurants. As to clothes, why not buy what you want for a change of pace and use Correos to transport your extra clothes to Santiago? Anyway, you will love the Camino and find it is a very wonderful, “doable” pilgrimage in an extraordinary landscape among friendly people. Best of luck! Have fun.

It’s because I got this goofy idea of switch out some clothes mid point and enjoy some of my fav snacks brought from home. My first Camino, all sorts of crazy ideas in my head. 😳😩🤣😎
In general-go with as little as possible and you will take home much more. In Spain, you can have your main backpack sent ahead every day and just use a daypack. DON’T TRY TO BRING TOO MUCH

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Please be aware that on May 28th there is a huge football( soccer) match in Paris. The final of the Champions League. This was moved from Russia due to the current situation. If you havent booked accomodation yet it will be busy, even in a city as large as Paris

Honestly - I suggest skipping this "goofy idea" (your words) lol. No need to switch out your clothes at all. But if you really want to - why not plan to buy another outfit or two in Burgos or Leon? And find some new snacks on the Camino? I like my new clothes at the end - I buy after I arrive in Santiago (shopping spree in Madrid last year). Keep it simple. Most people have 2 outfits. 1 to walk in. 1 to change into after your shower. I like a 3rd set myself (2 for walking alternating and 1 for evening/night). Nothing "fashionable". I keep trying to tell my daughter that - she wanted cute clothes for Paris when she was coming with me. I told her absolutely not and to buy clothes after the Camino is done.

BTW - I too arrive in Paris on the 25th, but taking the evening train to Bayonne.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

My name is Henrik and I will be coming down to SJPdP from Sweden on March 26 and start walking on March 27. I don't really have any experience and I'm not the best at planning and I'm a little...
When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back