• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Luggage Transfer From Pamplona To Ivar

Hi all,

I was planning on starting at SJPDP on Wednesday, but with the Napoleon route closed and my horrendous motion sickness (I hear the ride from Pamplona to SJPDP is a stomach turner!), I'm considering starting in Pamplona or Roscenvalles instead. Is the correos the best way to send a suitcase to Ivar? (going on another trip after Santiago). Thanks in advance!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
The bus ride is a bit twisty but I did not find it too bad. It is 1 hour 45 minutes. The main thing is being conscious of going up, up, and then down, down, down, and me thinking: "I have to walk this - why am I doing it yet again, I'm nuts!"

The Spanish have always regarded Roncesvalles as the "proper" place to start the Camino Francés anyway.

And yes, the correos are well used to pilgrims posting parcels, I'm not sure about a suitcase.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I think Pamplona is a great town and a perfect place to start!

Buen Camino!

Hi all,

I was planning on starting at SJPDP on Wednesday, but with the Napoleon route closed and my horrendous motion sickness (I hear the ride from Pamplona to SJPDP is a stomach turner!), I'm considering starting in Pamplona or Roscenvalles instead. Is the correos the best way to send a suitcase to Ivar? (going on another trip after Santiago). Thanks in advance!
I am sure you know this, but I learned in Mexico if you are on a twisty bus route...try to sit at the front. It lessons your motion sickness.... and then there are also the bands you can buy for seasickness that work for some people, or you can just put a rock on your inner wrist (find the spot) and wrap a bandana around it and tie it like the pirates did.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
I've sent a suitcase via the Correos twice. It's no problem at all. The first time, they sold me a box to put my suitcase in. The second time I was at the Madrid airport, so they just had me go to the luggage wrapping service and get my luggage wrapped in plastic and sent it on that way.

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
Hello, I would be grateful for some advice from the ones of you who are walking/have recently walked from SJPdP :) 1 - How busy is the first part of the camino right now? I read some reports of a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back