• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Luggage Transfer in November

Kumo

Time of past OR future Camino
Completed Le Puy - Santiago - Muxia - Finisterre June 2016.
Hi all,

We (3 people) are starting our Camino Frances in 2 weeks time.

One of us need the luggage transfer service, but, most companies finish their service at the end of October.

Any ideas on how to continue with luggage transfer after the end of Oct ?

much appreciated.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Check out the Spanish Correos transfer service. See more in English on this web.

http://www.elcaminoconcorreos.com/en/transporte-mochilas.php

They pick up and deliver almost everywhere and the price is roughly 5 euros per bag. Every albergue has the Correos instruction tag/envelope. The first time that you want to use them ask the hospitalero for help. You can book using your phone.

Good luck and Buen camino to the three of you!

thank you mspath.

I'm more worry about the service after November.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
thank you mspath.

I'm more worry about the service after November.

I understand your concern. Perhaps you might find local taxis to carry the daily loads.
However the Correos site states that their service in Galicia is
"all year round from O Cebreiro to Santiago de Compostela (except for the 24th, 25th and 31st of December and 1st January)."

Hello, first time posting on the forum here. I´m currently in Baiona on the Portuguese Coastal way going to Vigo tomorrow. I´m having trouble contacting the Correos. All other options don´t seem to deliver at this time of year. Does anyone know if they (Correos) will deliver along the coastal route? Running out of options here.

Welcome to the forum @Shine! I can't help with specific answers, can only suggest you seek local assistance at each stop along the way. There is usually someone willing to make some money.

Can you lighten your load and carry your own pack? Perhaps post stuff direct to SDC.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Thank you, Kanga, for the advice. I ended up posting to Santiago and carrying my lightened pack.

For anyone wondering as well, Correos said they stopped pack transfers Nov. 1 and I got 2 quotes, one for 30€ and one for 21€ and that’s just 1 stage for Baiona to Vigo. This was because it was off season and they had to do it via private transfer. In the end, it was just too much money to spend.

Good to hear back! I carry my own pack because it helps me let go of all the "stuff" that surrounds me in my normal life. There is a lot of enjoyment in finding out how little we really need.

But I'm realistic. Sometimes it is a choice between not walking at all, and having a pack carried.

Hi all,

We (3 people) are starting our Camino Frances in 2 weeks time.

One of us need the luggage transfer service, but, most companies finish their service at the end of October.

Any ideas on how to continue with luggage transfer after the end of Oct ?

much appreciated.

Maybe pack as light as possible and spread the 3 person load across the 2 pack carriers? Just another option...

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
I have been planning to return and rejoin the path from Leon next week. ( Main route) I am wondering whether it might be better to wait until later in April to rejoin the path, my hope is to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back