• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Luggage Transfer On Portugese Camino

midlands lady

Time of past OR future Camino
camino frances 2014
Hi, we plan to walk the camino portugese from Porto to Santiago in Sept 2017. we were wondering about baggage transfers. do we have to book in advance (with baggage transfer company) or can we just go to any hotel in any town and ask for our luggage to be sent on. thanks for any advice.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi , thank you for that info. we were planning on staying in private albergues or small hotels. would we need to book these in advance or could we risk just booking the night before and then let Tui Trans know?
thanks for any info

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Usually all accommodation on the camino not just pilgrim albergues has tags and ìnfo for luggage services. Read "A Easy Process" on the TuiTrans web for further how to info.

Last edited:
Hi, we plan to walk the camino portugese from Porto to Santiago in Sept 2017. we were wondering about baggage transfers. do we have to book in advance (with baggage transfer company) or can we just go to any hotel in any town and ask for our luggage to be sent on. thanks for any advice.

Hi. I'm wondering what you found out on this topic. We are leaving on May 2nd to walk from Lisbon to Santiago. I have developed some shoulder issues and not sure I can carry my backpack so we are wondering if there is a service that can be contacted the day/night before it is needed, as we don't know where we will be each night - plan as we go! We will be staying at small B&Bs, hotels along the way. Thank you.

My experience is TuiTrans will stop just about anywhere along the CP and pick-up or deliver bags between Porto and Santiago. I have not walked from Lisboa, so I have no experience with them south of Porto.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
My experience is TuiTrans will stop just about anywhere along the CP and pick-up or deliver bags between Porto and Santiago. I have not walked from Lisboa, so I have no experience with them south of Porto.
Thank you. Perhaps we will walk from Porto. Have to follow the edict: "Make it your own Camino. " Do what we can. Adapt when necessary. Practice what we preach!

Thank you. Perhaps we will walk from Porto. Have to follow the edict: "Make it your own Camino. " Do what we can. Adapt when necessary. Practice what we preach!
That is a big difference walking from Lisboa takes you about a month. FromPorto you could easy do it in two weeks.

I walked from Lisbon once but never heard of luggage transfer on the leg from Lisbon to Porto. And that is the biggest part of the Caminho Português

Bom caminho

We are planning to walk from Tui and will be using Tuitrans. On the stop at Caldas de Reis we will be staying at Torre do Rio which is about 2km from town. Does anyone know if Tuitrans will deliver and pick up from there?

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi, we plan to walk the camino portuguese from Porto to Santiago in Sept 2017. we were wondering about baggage transfers. do we have to book in advance (with baggage transfer company) or can we just go to any hotel in any town and ask for our luggage to be sent on. thanks for any advice.

Hi there! I used pilgrim backpack transport during my Camino Portuguese and was very happy with the service. They're cheap and great communication during the whole camino.
https://www.pilgrim.es/en/camino-santiago/services/backpack-transfer/

We are planning to walk from Tui and will be using Tuitrans. On the stop at Caldas de Reis we will be staying at Torre do Rio which is about 2km from town. Does anyone know if Tuitrans will deliver and pick up from there?

They have a good website John , ask them about Torre .
Have a great Camino.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi there, just missing the cost of a luggage transfer on the tuitrans website? How much is the going rate in the next month?

Hi there, just missing the cost of a luggage transfer on the tuitrans website? How much is the going rate in the next month?

Allow for 7 euro per bag and if its 8 ???????

My wife and daughter just used tuitrans to transfer their Bags from stage to stage for €5 a go each. They also used them to get from Vigo airport to Tui. I think €30. They found them flawless. They operate from Oporto to Santiago and also service the spiritual variant. Hope this helps.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
We have received a quote for 95 euros for 13 stages plus we will be going via ferry from Caminha
Have found Their assistance very good indeed .
They come highly recommended.

Another happy customer of Tuitrans here. They got my suitcase in Porto, kept it for a few days and delivered in Santiago the day I arrived, exactly as I asked. Price was affordable and they communicated very well by email.

Most read last week in this forum

I would like to walk the river route in Tui next month. I can see on google maps exactly where it starts, but it seems a bit overgrown. Has anybody used this route this year or last year...
Hello, my friend of 50+ years and I are on our first Camino walk. We are looking for: 1) safe, comfortable hostels in Lisbon; 2) stages from Lisbon to Porto (via Tomar) in about 16 days...
Hi I have searched everywhere to see if there is a luggage service from Lisbon to Porto. I know there is from Porto to Santiago, but Lisbon ???. Thanks for any info.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back