• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Luggage transfer on the di qui passo St Francesco, Italy?

paulsomers

Time of past OR future Camino
Sept/Oct (2013)
My wife & I plan to walk the Di Qui Passo San Francesco from La Verna to Poggio Bustone in Italy next September.
My question is does anyone know of any companies which provide a luggage transfer service on this Camino?
Any information on this would be very much appreciated.

Best wishes,

Paul from South Australia

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
My wife & I plan to walk the Di Qui Passo San Francesco from La Verna to Poggio Bustone in Italy next September.
My question is does anyone know of any companies which provide a luggage transfer service on this Camino?
Any information on this would be very much appreciated.

Best wishes,

Paul from South Australia

Hi I very much doubt that the infrastructure for this Camino will be the same as on the Camino Frances for instance but you never know. A friend of mine walked your planned route and carried her pack herself.

Don't know if you already found ths website? You could mail them for more information.

http://www.diquipassofrancesco.it/EN/index.asp?page=infocammino

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hi, investigated baggage transfer in Italy while walking the Via Francigena, Florence to Assisi earlier this year. Bags free was an expensive option with limited service (did not appear to be available everywhere). TNT would only send to a street address and would not hold bags. Best and cheapest option was Post Italia, around €16.00 to send a 20kg bag (needs to be wrapped). Only issue was that the receiving Post Office will only hold bags for 10 days before returning. We overcame the issue by posting to Gubbio, intending to post the bags on again when we arrived. Happily the PO people in Gubbio agreed to hold the bags for a few more days until we could return by car from Assisi.

I think the OP is asking about a daily luggage (pack?) carrying service like is now common on the Camino Frances.

Perhaps I am wrong.

I did not see any sign of this type of service from Florence thru La Verna and beyond.

Hi, the leaflet I picked up for Bags Free reads:

Francigena Luggage Transport
Enjoy your Walking!
All Steps From Lucca To Rome
Luggage Transport E15,00 single
The more luggage you have the less you pay each
Luggage Sealed & Secured
Francigena Assistance Private Car Transfer from/to each step

I carried this leaflet with me in case I needed to call them for my husband, who cannot walk long distances every day, and has some medical issues.
Jill

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
It looks like the brochure that Jill has posted is for the Via Francigena
Luca to Rome. I note the price is 15 euro per pack

The OP is asking about the Via Francesco on the other side between Florence and Rome. Kind of like the Norte and the CF.

My friends had their luggage transferred each day. There were 4 of them and they had the hostel owners arrange transportation for them. 3 of us carried our packs. We only walked from Gubbio to Spoleto and it was not a problem on this section.

My friends had their luggage transferred each day. There were 4 of them and they had the hostel owners arrange transportation for them. 3 of us carried our packs. We only walked from Gubbio to Spoleto and it was not a problem on this section.

Thanks for your feedback Sharon, it's much appreciated.
Paul, South Australia

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
It looks like the brochure that Jill has posted is for the Via Francigena
Luca to Rome. I note the price is 15 euro per pack

The OP is asking about the Via Francesco on the other side between Florence and Rome. Kind of like the Norte and the CF.
Thanks for the feedback,
Paul South Australia

Hi, I picked up a leaflet for Bags Free while walking between Florence and Siena this year (just in case we needed to call them). They might do it for you:

The OP is asking about the Via Francesco on the other side between Florence and Rome.

Hi, yes, I did realise that, but thought it might be worth an email enquiry at least. You don't get if you don't ask ;)
Jill

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
The Via Francesco and Via Francigena have similar names but are different routes.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello! I'm starting research on the VF and, having walked the Camino Francés, I wonder how laundry/hand washing facilities and situations compare on the Francigena. I know there are more private...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back