• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Luggage transfer Ourense - Santiago

Jenny Bray-Cotton

Time of past OR future Camino
2014 Sarria to Santiago
2015 Viano do Castrllo to Santiago
2016 - planned - Ourense to Santiago
Hi there,
My sister and I will be walking from Ourense to Santiago early September. My sister had a terrible car accident last February and is gradually recovering . She has her heart set on the Camino and is working hard to get her walking strength back. We will be walking Ourense-Cea-Dozon-Lalin-Sillede-Ponte Ulla-Santiago.
The walk will take all her strength and energy so we need to have our luggage transferred from hotel to hotel. Can anyone recommend an agency / luggage service company that could hep us.
Many thanks- Jenny

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi, Jenny,
Welcome to the forum. I am not aware of any company that transports baggage on the Camino Sanabrés, but there may be some. Since you indicate that you are going to be staying in hotels, you might find that the easiest thing is to book a package that includes hotel and bag transport. I did a quick search and found this one, http://viviendoexperiencias.com/viajes/la-via-de-la-plata-desde-ourense/ Camino Ways is probably the most popular organized group, though, and they do a package for the same stage, Ourense to Santiago: http://caminoways.com/ways/via-de-la-plata-camino-mozarabe/via-de-la-plata-section-10

A lot of us who do our own planning and staging are frequently surprised at what seem to be extremely high prices for the services offered, but if you are in need of luggage transportation, you may be stuck with having someone else make your reservations, figure your stages, etc. I am not sure if the municipal albergue in Ponte Ulla will take pilgrims with luggag transport, either, but if you go with one of these agencies you wouldn't be staying there anyway. Good luck with this, buen camino, Laurie

Hi Laurie,
Thank you very much for your prompt reply! We did look at Caminoways who do actually stay at all the stages I named above. Part of the Camino for me is staying in the lovely Casa Rural's along the way eating fantastic locally soured food. Unfortunately, package agencies could not guarantee we would be staying in Casa's, all depended on the availability. So, I have decided to sort my trip independently and have already booked my Casa's along the route. Maybe I should contact all 6 indivially and ask them if they can arrange the transfer and at what cost.
Burn Camino. So looking forward to it this year !

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi Jenny,

I emailed Correos about Ourense - Santiago and here is their response:-

mimochila@correos.com said:
Good evening:
The price for the transport on every stage from Ourense to Santiago de Compostela is 20€/luggage (about 15 Kg, all the stages are included).
We need to know your personal data (name, cell phone number), how many luggage you want to be transported, as well as the date and the name of the first lodging where you start The Way. (If you have all your route planned, we’d thank you if you provide us with that information).
From there on, we will provide you with a PAQ MOCHILA card (see attached image) on your luggage, with an identification number (CODE). You only have to write on the destination square where do you want to send the backpack to. You don’t have to call every day to request the service unless you want to change or cancel the transport. We collect and deliver the luggage at the hotel/hostel the pilgrim wants (unless they had any internal regulation forbidding it)

miMochila.jpg

The transport is done during the morning. We collect from 08:00 on and deliver always before 14:00.
You can reserve this service on the cell phone 606 618 341 or sending an email to mimochila@correos.com
The resevation of the service is confirme through a bank transfer with the total amount of the service (or in a Correos Post Office in The Way). If you agree, bank data will be sent to you.
You can visit our website www.elcaminoconcorreos.es and consult the different products Correos offers to Pilgrims.
Thank you very much.
Looking forward to your confirmation, we remain at your disposal.

Hi Jenny,

I emailed Correos about Ourense - Santiago and here is their response:-
Hi Mig,
This is absolutely fabulous thank you so much, what a great price as well!
I would never have thought of the Post Office.
Will email them with all my details and let you know how I get on.
What a great forum this is!
Buen Camino all.

No problem Jenny.

I am taking a group of 8 on the Ingles route in June and some of them require luggage transfer so I will be making use of the Correos Paq Mochila service as well. First time with them, although I have used TuiTrans on the Portugues route before and they were very good and reliable.

I hope all goes well. Verin to Santiago (via Ourense) was the first Camino I walked and I have very fond memories of the route.

Buen Camino
Mig

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
T
No problem Jenny.

I am taking a group of 8 on the Ingles route in June and some of them require luggage transfer so I will be making use of the Correos Paq Mochila service as well. First time with them, although I have used TuiTrans on the Portugues route before and they were very good and reliable.

I hope all goes well. Verin to Santiago (via Ourense) was the first Camino I walked and I have very fond memories of the route.

Buen Camino
Mig
Miguel I see that they also do the Via de la Plata - although not all stages. Relieved to see that! Thanks so much for posting! :)http://www.correos.es/ss/Satellite?blobcol=urldata&blobheader=application/pdf&blobheadername0=content-type&blobheadername1=Content-Disposition&blobheadervalue0=application/pdf&blobheadervalue1=filename=Oficinas_Camino_de_Santiago.pdf&blobkey=id&blobtable=MungoBlobs&blobwhere=1365522702839&ssbinary=true

Last edited:
Hi Laurie,
Thank you very much for your prompt reply! We did look at Caminoways who do actually stay at all the stages I named above. Part of the Camino for me is staying in the lovely Casa Rural's along the way eating fantastic locally soured food. Unfortunately, package agencies could not guarantee we would be staying in Casa's, all depended on the availability. So, I have decided to sort my trip independently and have already booked my Casa's along the route. Maybe I should contact all 6 indivially and ask them if they can arrange the transfer and at what cost.
Burn Camino. So looking forward to it this year !

Hi Jenny.
I am staging the camino from Ourense to Santiago for a group of 8 of us who will be walking in late September. I'd love to learn learn how you are finding the rural casas along the way. I'm looking at Ourense-Cea-Cstro-Dozon-Lalin-Silleda-Ponte Ulla-Santiago.

Thanks,
Meg,

Hi jenny
I am walking this route in June and have managed to book some hotels. However i cannot find private acccomodation near castro dozon so may be pushing on towards Lalin. I too am interested in the casa rurals
Regards Jill

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hi there,
My sister and I will be walking from Ourense to Santiago early September. My sister had a terrible car accident last February and is gradually recovering . She has her heart set on the Camino and is working hard to get her walking strength back. We will be walking Ourense-Cea-Dozon-Lalin-Sillede-Ponte Ulla-Santiago.
The walk will take all her strength and energy so we need to have our luggage transferred from hotel to hotel. Can anyone recommend an agency / luggage service company that could hep us.
Many thanks- Jenny
The Casa Rurales are sure to know a local taxi service to transport your luggage and may even offer this service themselves for a small price or gratis. Some agencies do use occasional Casa rurales, depending on how close it is to the Camino. Some offer a taxi return service if they are out of the way. Spain is more agency do Ourense to Santiago but as you’ve already booked this may not be useful to you. All agencies I’ve booked through do Casa Rurals but not everywhere. I was glad to book Via de la Plata with an agency this year as so many Albergues were full, it being an extension of the Saint’s year.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

Most read last week in this forum

I have been reading 2 different reports (on FB and instagram) about (an) agressive dog(s) just after Oseira. I'll post them here: In the group of @geraldkelly on FB (4 days ago): Hello lovely Via...
After a smooth and uneventful flight from Chicago to Madrid on Iberia, the last three days we have been doing some sightseeing in Salamanca and Zamora, and our days have been sunny, a little cool...
Hi all! Once again I am heading back to Spain; this time to walk much of the Sanabres with my son; starting in Rionegro del Puente after a few sightseeing days first in Salamanca and Zamora...
After 13 days of walking I've finished my 337km walk on the Camino Sanabres, and my entire 1400km walk from Almería. Yay! If anyone's interested in a day-by-day report, you can find it on my...
One route looks a bit steeper, one a bit longer (not much). How else are they different? Recommendations?
I left them on the trail about 4-5 k before Cea I expect to be in Santiago on April 27-28. Mu email is written on the sides of the poles (for just this eventuality). If you find them and we can...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back