• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Luggage Transfer

Time of past OR future Camino
I've looked through recent threads and I can't find up to date information on the companies who provide onward transfer of luggage for the Camino Frances.

Does anyone have recent experience of a company they have used who have been good and will take luggage from France starting in SJPDP along the route.

Would appreciate any knowledge and names of companies with links to website if possible.

Muchos gracias!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Correos and Jacotrans are the big, well known ones, and there are some others as well. They all work great, except the part from SJPP to Roncesvalles, where you may have to use www.expressbourricot.com for the French part.

Buen Camino

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I've looked through recent threads and I can't find up to date information on the companies who provide onward transfer of luggage for the Camino Frances.

Does anyone have recent experience of a company they have used who have been good and will take luggage from France starting in SJPDP along the route.

Would appreciate any knowledge and names of companies with links to website if possible.

Muchos gracias!
www.pilbeo.com

Travelled from Astorga on the CF (and onwards to Muxia) in 2019 with a good friend who used PILBEO. He was very happy with the service as we chopped and changed where we stayed on quite a number of occasions. They were fully contactable by phone and email and had a very usable APP that kept him informed of where his backpack was each stage / day. 👍

www.pilbeo.com

Travelled from Astorga on the CF (and onwards to Muxia) in 2019 with a good friend who used PILBEO. He was very happy with the service as we chopped and changed where we stayed on quite a number of occasions. They were fully contactable by phone and email and had a very usable APP that kept him informed of where his backpack was each stage / day. 👍
Thank you, a friend was looking at them also, so it's good to know you had a good experience with them. They have been very helpful so far in contacting them.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Thank you, a friend was looking at them also, so it's good to know you had a good experience with them. They have been very helpful so far in contacting them.
Glad to be of assistance. Travel safe and well ...y...BUEN CAMINO....😁

They all work great, except the part from SJPP to Roncesvalles, where you may have to use www.expressbourricot.com for the French part.
Can you elaborate on this? I corresponded by email with JACOTRANS (very helpful folks) and they deliver from SJPP to both Orisson (Refuge Orisson) and Roncesvalles (Albergue Colegiata de Roncesvalles).

Can you elaborate on this? I corresponded by email with JACOTRANS (very helpful folks) and they deliver from SJPP to both Orisson (Refuge Orisson) and Roncesvalles (Albergue Colegiata de Roncesvalles).
I wonder if they contract with Express Bouricott for that stage.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I think that Orisson have traditionally contracted their portage via express bourricot, and it certainly said that on their website when I was researching. However, Borda has opened up since, and also if you ask other baggage companies they will also confirm that they will deliver in France. If the Auberges there have guests, how can they refuse their baggage ?? I have now booked with Pilbeo who, on a Sunday, took my whole itinerary by email, plotted it, and sent me a schedule. All corresponde was in perfect English from Jesus (I took it as a sign 😊). I'll report back once on the CF!

Nothing sinister here. In the past, some operators have ended at the border, presumably because of licensing issues. Correos USED to start their service at Roncesvalles, but now they go the distance I think. Worth asking about, and worth knowing about a work-around, is all.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Nothing sinister here. In the past, some operators have ended at the border, presumably because of licensing issues. Correos USED to start their service at Roncesvalles, but now they go the distance I think. Worth asking about, and worth knowing about a work-around, is all.
No implications intended. I was just confused and concerned because I plan to use them. Their web site offers the choice of SJPP to Roncesvalles, and the person I communicated pointed me to the correct choice on for the Roncesvalles municipal auberge, so I am hoping that it will work. I would prefer to only carry a day pack up the mountain, though I would probably survive the trip if I had to carry it all. It would just no be as pleasant!

www.pilbeo.com

I am eyeing them for SdC--> Finisterre late June into July. 6E for 1 bag\stage seems reasonable to me

Attachments

• Pilbeo.JPG
    Pilbeo.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 7
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
You can also just ask at the albergues - they usually have a stack of envelops that you put the money in, write your name and your destination - and drop off your bag in the lobby by 8am. Pretty easy.

www.pilbeo.com

I used PILBEO on the Camino Ingles and very pleased

You can also just ask at the albergues - they usually have a stack of envelops that you put the money in, write your name and your destination - and drop off your bag in the lobby by 8am. Pretty easy.
This is the most common way and it works in the whole Camino Frances. It gives you the freedom to decide, day by day, whether you want your luggage transported or not and if so, to which place/albergue. If you need a short day the next day, or if you are in a condition to walk a long day, it's up to you every day again.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

Most read last week in this forum

Hi I have a question regarding regulations in French airports on what is allowed to bring as carry on luggage. I have a small lightweight Victorinox SD multitool including a small knife that is...
Hi, we had booked a camino for last September and had to reschedule for this early June. I previously had booked a train from Santiago to Porto to start travel back for our flight home from...
I read that municipal auberges will not accept luggage transferred by courier. Is this correct, if so is there a way around this? I prefer to stay at municipal auberges and carry my backpack since...
Hello, we are a family of 5 travelling from Australia on a 7 week trip of Europe. We are walking the first few stages of CF from SJPdP to Pamplona only. I've been searching the threads for info...
I’m planning to send to Santiago a smaller bag with things I need for the flight, extra days pre/post Camino, and whatever else I decide that I won’t need. I could send it from Roncesvalles...
I am having difficulty finding out how to get to Belorado from Madrid airport. Arriving 6/1 at about 8 a.m. at airport. After customs and baggage claim, it should be about 9:30 a.m. Willing to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.