• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Luggage Transfers on routes other than the Camino Frances

sillydoll

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2002 CF: 2004 from Paris: 2006 VF: 2007 CF: 2009 Aragones, Ingles, Finisterre: 2011 X 2 on CF: 2013 'Caracoles': 2014 CF and Ingles 'Caracoles":2015 Logrono-Burgos (Hospitalero San Anton): 2016 La Douay to Aosta/San Gimignano to Rome:
Jose Luis Pardo Rodríguez will transport backpacks on the following routes:
Camino Frances: León-Santiago-Finisterre
Camino del Norte: Ribadeo-Santiago
Camino Portugues: Tui-Santiago
Camino Primitivo: Oviedo-Santiago
http://www.caminodesantiago2010.com.es
info@caminodesantiago2010.com.es
Tfno.0034 606049858-0034 679152512(OFICINA)

Camino Norte
Le P'tit Bag transports bags from Bilbao to Irun.
http://greencartrans.webcindario.com/

The Peregrine Express will transfer your luggage on the Camino Norte between Irun and Santander.
If you are travelling in a big group and you have a minimum of 12 bags for transport they can transport as far as Oviedo. For information on transport past Oviedo please contact them.
Email: christel.langeveld@gmail.com
Contact number: 0034644589217
http://theperegrineexpress.blogspot.com/

Camino Primitivo
http://www.taxicamino.com/
They provide:
Taxi-Service
Pick-up Service from/to Asturias Airport
Back packs and luggage transport
Shuttle-Bike
Support Vehicle Service
Information service for Peregrinos
http://www.taxicamino.com/

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Thank you Umberto
Are your prices the same per stage as Zacotrans and CaminoFacil?

I am busy updating my planning book and would like to add this info under Luggage Transfers.

sillydoll said:
I am busy updating my planning book and would like to add this info under Luggage Transfers.

For the sake of comprehensiveness, it did not appear there were established transport services upstream of Le Puy. Certainly there were not such services in the section between Prague and Nuremberg, and likely not in all of Germany (based on the paucity of walkers). (Perhaps one of the Geneva to Le Puy walkers might comment on their observations on the section.) If such were necessary, for some reason, I suppose the gasthaus host might be asked to summon a taxi. But there are just not enough walkers to make a dedicated transport service financially viable.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I have noticed that Follow the Camino have deleted all their posts in regards to luggage transfers.

I did write to him to ask for a quote but they were half as much more expensive than Jacotrans or Caminofacil. Perhaps that is why?

The link I had in my book no longer works.

Perhaps you could contact http://viatolosana.free.fr/vt_pratique.htm and ask them if they know of luggage transporters? If they do, please share the info on the forum. :)

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Yes, we were intrigued to see the Correos everywhere on the Norte. I had heard that there were no baggage transfer services, but you see those little vans everywhere and it makes sense that they would take packs.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Trying with my limited Spanish to read the info on the site for the Correos. Looks like you have to be within the Spanish borders for this service and/or the service is only for the established Camino routes (no gogin off course?).

Any idea if we could have our luggage transferred from either Biarritz or SJdPP and taken to San Sebastian to await our arrival? We are only hiking from 5 days from SJdPP and will start the second week of our vacation with 2 nights in San Sebastian. Trying to figure out what to do with our non-hiking luggage while on the Camino.

Any suggestions?

If arriving in Biarritz airport you might take a bus directly to San Sebastian with your luggage. See www.Rome2Rio.com. Bus takes less than 1 hour. After depositing luggage take bus back to airport, followed by bus from airport to Bayonne to catch TER line 62 local train to SJPdP.

If arriving in Biarritz airport you might take a bus directly to San Sebastian with your luggage. See www.Rome2Rio.com. Bus takes less than 1 hour. After depositing luggage take bus back to airport, followed by bus from airport to Bayonne to catch TER line 62 local train to SJPdP.

We arrive in Biarritz to stay the night before heading to SJdPP where we will stay for another night before commencing our Camino. SS will be once we've done our 5 day hike. Just curious abut off loading our luggage before we head into the mountains to SJdPP. I figured Biarritz being a bigger city might have more options than SJdPP.

Thank you!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

Most read last week in this forum

I am 82 years old. I have walked all but 250k of the Camino Frances alone, carrying my pack and staying in communal aubergues in 2017 and 18 and loving it! I am now on a mission to walk the final...
Can someone please confirm that if you fly with Ryanair from SDC to Madrid, that you will arrive at the Madrid-Barajas International airport? Such a simple question, yet incredibly frustrating...
I have been looking every day for weeks and weeks to purchase tickets from Santiago to Segovia at the end of my Camino on May 13th and was getting concerned as on both the Renfe and Trainline...
Hi, I'm searching for any transportation ways to to get to sjpp from Biarritz. Would anyone let me know how to get to? I would like taking bus or train. Thank you.
Hi, we had booked a camino for last September and had to reschedule for this early June. I previously had booked a train from Santiago to Porto to start travel back for our flight home from...
Hi All, My girlfriend and I are planning to do the Camino Primitivo. I'll be honest here; I'm not entirely sure how far we'll get, but Caminoways says that the entire route can be done in 15...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back